Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Pandora app randomly stops playback at the end of tracks

Same issue here.  Roku Ultra. Pandora stops after a few songs at the end of a song.  I have to repeat the song and the problems happens again after another few songs. 

0 Kudos
Canderson

Yes is happening every offer song 

0 Kudos
phxtopdog

I have two Roku Ultra HD 4K players, two different rooms. Recently both stopped autoplaying on all Pandora chennels I've tried. Usually stops after only one song, occasionally may play two or three songs and then stops. Always finishes the song, but then won't advance to another song. I still have my Roku 3 and switched back to it and it plays Pandora perfectly, as does streaming Pandora from my Kindle. So I'm convinced the issue is with Pandora on the Roku HD 4K. In my case, this problem started about a week ago, likely due to an update from either Roku or Pandora that makes Pandora incompatible with Roku HD 4K. Tried updating the Roku HD 4K software on both of my devices but they say they're current. Deleted and reinstalled Pandora on the Roku HD 4K, didn't make a difference. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I saw mention of a Pandora beta channel, so they must be aware of it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Come to my house. It will reproduce regularly. 

@gunnbr wrote:

They do have a pretty long thread about it. Pandora and Roku are aware of the problem and apparently working on it, but it sounds like they haven't been able to reproduce it yet and are still asking people to report this problem. Here's the issue over there:

https://community.pandora.com/t5/Other-Devices/Roku-Playback-Stops-After-Every-Song/td-p/37885

0 Kudos
Davidlgti
Reel Rookie

Same thing here. Really annoying and it’s only on Roku, not Sonos or IPad. Tried everything. Unplugging the Roku. Removed and reinstalled the Pandora app. Still happens. Ugh

0 Kudos
davidjazz
Roku Guru

Just yesterday, I noticed the same problem playing Pandora via an Amazon Echo.

0 Kudos
Lonelygolfer
Channel Surfer

I have experiencing the same problem, and it is getting worse.  Songs are pausing at the end more often, and now songs are pausing in the middle of playing and then restart.  The same things happen if I play Sirius through Roku.  I have contacted Pandora directly and provided additional information for them to provide to their engineers.  I have not heard back from them, and my Pandora account is non usable, at $10 per month.

0 Kudos
T0
Channel Surfer

It looks like this issue was caused by a "feature" of Roku OS 9.4. That feature has been disabled for the Pandora channel as of 12/2/2020 and my 4660X is now able to play for hours without any problems.

0 Kudos
Lonelygolfer
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the update.  Unfortunately when I just tried to play Pandora, songs are cutting in and out.  I think this is also a Roku issue because it does the same thing with Sirius and Spotify.  Interesting, we have no problems with other apps on Roku, such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.

0 Kudos