Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Psilobite
Roku Guru

Pandora app randomly stops playback at the end of tracks

Roku Ultra 4660X, version 9.4.0 Build 4174-46

Pandora version 5.4 Build 0

In the past, playback in Pandora via stations would stop playback at the end of tracks only occasionally, I would say maybe once per week.

Recently (i.e., after the system update to 9.4.0 Build 4174-46), this has gotten extremely bad. Playback now stops at the end of one track and before the beginning of the next one about 80-90% of the time, rendering the channel unusable. (The only way to start playback again is to select a different station, then re-select the original station that stopped. But it will just stop again when it gets to the end of the current song.)

This same thing is happening in the latest build of Roku Media Player (version 5.4 Build 4), although I'm not sure if the cause of the problem is the same.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated. My Pandora subscription costs $10 per month.

Tags (1)
37 REPLIES 37
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Pandora app randomly stops playback at the end of tracks

Did you make Pandora aware of the issue?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Leifye

Having the same issue with my Roku ultra. Only the past few days it stops after almost every song. So frustrating! 

Kostik

Same issue. Roku Ultra. Connected directly through Ethernet port. I also use MiBox (Android), and using Wi-Fi, and this issue doesn't happen.

0 Kudos
JHultra

Having the same problem. Same Roku model, build, etc.

Plays a few tracks and then stops.

Psilobite
Roku Guru

Can anyone with a Roku 2019 or the new Roku 2020 confirm if this issue is happening to them?

9er1
Reel Rookie

Same thing is happening to my roku ultra after the latest update. Neither Pandora nor ROKU ever take responsibility when there is a problem with this app. Frustrating, I too pay for premium subscription and the Roku is the only device that has this problem......

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Pandora  support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Pandora support here: https://help.pandora.com/s/contactsupport?language=en_US

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Psilobite
Roku Guru

I did contact Pandora support but didn't get a response, so I posted here.

Anyways, in the past few days the problem seems to have gotten better. It's not gone completely, but it's not happening as often now.

0 Kudos
gunnbr

They do have a pretty long thread about it. Pandora and Roku are aware of the problem and apparently working on it, but it sounds like they haven't been able to reproduce it yet and are still asking people to report this problem. Here's the issue over there:

https://community.pandora.com/t5/Other-Devices/Roku-Playback-Stops-After-Every-Song/td-p/37885

0 Kudos