Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Pairing with spotify

I pair spotify from my tablet  with my roku Express on the TV I get the message  my devices are paired and to close the page but I am not able to to login to my spotify account using roku Express 

8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Pairing with spotify

I am having an issue with the same situation! Paired my account with my phone and it won't let me login to my already logged in account if that makes sense. I just want to listen to music! 

I have the Roku Ultra. 🙃

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the same issue with the Roku Express too! It says that it can't log in to my account. I tried asking the Spotify customer service about it and tested it, but it's not a Spotify issue. It has to be a Roku issue. Please help!

@Peterht wrote:

I pair spotify from my tablet  with my roku Express on the TV I get the message  my devices are paired and to close the page but I am not able to to login to my spotify account using roku Express 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Having the same issue on a Roku TV. I can still play music on the app using spotify connect from my phone or PC, but the app stays stuck on the login screen and won't take me to the music library. If I try to log into my account, the music cuts out but nothing happens. It also displays the message "We couldn't log in with that account". I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app, restarting the TV, and even made a new spotify account to see if any of those would help, nothing. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having the same issue. I just got a new tv and I'm unable to login with spotify. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Currently having the issue! I just received a Roku Streaming Stick from my older sister. But, when I login to my spotify account using the pairing code or username and password option but when i click my profile to login it states “We could not login with that account”. I have tried deleting the channel and restarting my roku, which have both failed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same here- I'm trying to login to my Spotify Premium account on my new Roku Streaming Stick+, and I've tried the pairing option, username/password option, and pin option, and I've tried removing the channel and reinstalling it, restarting the Roku device, all to no avail.  It says, "We could not login with that account” and shows the account.  When I click on it, nothing happens.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Today I tried again and I was able to login. Here are the steps:

1. Delete spotify channel.

2. Check for system update 

3. Restart the system

4. Again install spotify channel.

It worked for me.

Highlighted
Level 7