Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajdoyle8
Level 7

Paid app ad interruptions

Jump to solution

When watching YouTube I'm getting interrupted by a QR code extolling some ad-blocking that wants $4.99. I've already paid for my Stream Bar and I dont get ads on YouTube anyway.

WTF is this?

I'm not giving 2kit Consulting any money for some scam on a product I already paid for.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Level 12

Re: Paid app ad interruptions

Jump to solution

I recall 2 threads like this in the past and in those, it turned out that the person had an app on his phone that had permission to mirror to the Roku and the app was using that permission to randomly pop up ads on the Roku.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

What does YouTube say about it?  It's their app providing video from their servers.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 14

Jump to solution

Just to confirm. You said you "dont (sic) get ads on YouTube." Does that mean you are a YouTube Premium member? I am a YouTube Premium member and do not get ads, excepting in-video ads (where the video creator does the ad as part of the video).

Confirm you are a YouTube Premium member, and let us know a list of videos that have ads popping up.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
ajdoyle8
Level 7

Jump to solution

You're correct that I have YouTube Premium and dont see ads other than are placed there by the content creator.

I was specifically watching the most recent video by Alec Steele where he's making a "$10000 Pen".

The ad that interrupts my video completely take me out if the app as there is no way to skip it or just return to my video.

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 12

Jump to solution

I recall 2 threads like this in the past and in those, it turned out that the person had an app on his phone that had permission to mirror to the Roku and the app was using that permission to randomly pop up ads on the Roku.

View solution in original post

ajdoyle8
Level 7

Jump to solution

That may be it. My roommate also just got a stream bar and may have been trying to cast to it. The only Roku related app I have is the remote.

0 Kudos