Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarlWK
Level 7

Paid Hulu Account Still Shows Ads?

I'm signed into a paid Hulu account but I still see ads on my Roku. (I _don't_ see ads when I use this account on a computer.) Is there any way to watch Hulu on Roku without ads?

I'm pretty sure this is a recent development, because I know I didn't see ads under a previous account. But this article seems to suggest that everyone watching Hulu on Roku sees ads now:

https://support.roku.com/article/208756038

Thanks.

2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Paid Hulu Account Still Shows Ads?

That article is talking about FREE channels, i.e. channels you don't have to pay extra for, most of which are supported by including ads. 

Hulu is not a free channel, it requires a paid subscription.  Hulu has several tiers to which you can subscribe.  The lowest and cheapest includes ads, the next up the latter removes the ads for the most part, and the third adds live TV (local channels and I guess a few other things).

Try signing out of your Hulu app on the Roku (click the link in the upper right corner of the screen then scroll down and click "Log Out").   Then log back back in.  That might get you reset to the add-free version on the Roku.

Let us know how you make out.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
CarlWK
Level 7

Re: Paid Hulu Account Still Shows Ads?

I made a mistake: The account I was using this time is not an ad-free paid account. It seems ad-free when used on a computer because of ad blockers being used on the computer's web browser. Sorry about the confusion!

0 Kudos