Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LJ16
Level 7

PBS kids - can hear show playing but just shows home page

Trying to watch PBS kids.  I can watch clips and see and hear it all, but when I click on play the episode i get sounds but no picture?  Any ideas to help?  I have removed the channel, restarted the roku and added the channel back.

39 Replies
IM16
Level 7

Re: PBS kids - can hear show playing but just shows home page

Hi,

I just started experiencing the same issue on Roku. Episode videos don’t display video, but you can hear the sound. I have removed the channel and restarted Roku and added the channel back twice. I have power cycled the device as well.

PLEASE HELP!!!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @IM16,

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done regarding your playback issue with PBS KIDS.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
deneshel
Level 8

Hi!

This has just started happening on my Roku at home. Were you able to find a fix?

0 Kudos
deneshel
Level 8

PBS Kids - Can hear show playing but just shows home page. Roku & PBS Kids not addressing issue.

I am on a Roku television. My kiddo is trying to watch PBS kids. I can watch the main / live channel, but when I click on individual shows to play specific episodes, I get sound but no picture. Any ideas to help? I have removed the channel, restarted the Roku and added the channel back, but it is still happening.

I have reviewed the discussions here, and am wondering if anyone knows how to resolve this. I have also tried to reach PBS Kids, and no dice. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: PBS Kids - Can hear show playing but just shows home page. Roku & PBS Kids not addressing issue.

Hi @deneshel,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the playback issue you are experiencing.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
deneshel
Level 8

Re: PBS Kids - Can hear show playing but just shows home page. Roku & PBS Kids not addressing is

Please read my post. I already did that, twice.

Please tell me how to legitimately fix the issue.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: PBS Kids - Can hear show playing but just shows home page. Roku & PBS Kids not addressing is

Hi @deneshel,

Thanks for the note.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Beatrice57
Level 8

I have exactly the same problem - just started today.   Very annoying.  Did you get this resolved/fixed?  If so, how?  What's strange is PBS Kids works on our older (10 years plus) TV with a ROKU Ultra but not on our 3 year old Samsung TV, also with a ROKU Ultra.

0 Kudos
deneshel
Level 8

Please read my post, including the title. I've already reached out to them. 

Stop sending generic answers without actually reading the post, and assist me in legitimately fixing the issue with your ROKU equipment.