Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

PBS channel

I have three Roku's on three sets in my home. All three are on same account. When I open the PBS app on one set, and then go back to another set later and start the PBS app I am prompted to activate the PBS app again. This is annoying. I can't understand why this happens as each Roku has its own identification when it was activated on setup. Also I see if I add a channel to my newest Roku, that channel also loads onto the other Roku's. All three are on the same wifi. Should I open up three individual accounts?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: PBS channel

Why not? it is what seems to be causing your concerns.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Accessing PBS

Since the recent update I cannot access PBS channel. I went through the add channel routine but when I search the screen and the channels I don't see it. Where is it please?

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Accessing PBS

@LindaSlasbrg 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Try removing the PBS channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the PBS channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@Wisjeepman Thanks for the note. If you add a channel to one Roku device linked to your Roku account, the channel will be added to all supported devices linked to that account. This enables all your channels to be available on all your Roku devices. If you want separate channel experiences, you will need to link your devices to separate Roku user accounts. 

Most channels require users to authenticate, activate, or sign in on each device they use. This is a requirement set forth by each channel provider, often for security and account usage purposes. You'll want to follow up with any channel provider specifically for more information. 

Hope that helps! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

PBS app/channel has been updated and now is working fine.  Enjoy the TV Shows!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Accessing PBS

I have two Roku devices.  One to use with older sets (Roku 1) and a 1-year old Roku Premiere for my 1-year old Visio E-Series Smart 4K/HD TV.  I've used Roku to access PBS programs that I've missed throughout the summer and as recently as Thanksgiving week this year.  

I settled in over the holidays to catch up on some PBS shows that I missed.  I pulled up the app tried to navigate to my list and was returned to the Roku home screen.  I tried what you suggested:

Try removing the PBS channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the PBS channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Before doing that, I reset my cable internet modem and my cable box itself.  I restarted the old Roku 1 first and then went to the other room to restart the Roku Premiere device.  I installed and activated the PBS app on the Roku Premiere.  The app still returns to the Roku home screen after around 30-seconds.  After activating the PBS app on the old Roku 1, I'm having the same experience.

My PBS app is running Version 4.0 build 1 on both Roku devices and both Roku devices are up to date with their system software.

I've followed the troubleshooting steps supplied on PBS support.
https://help.pbs.org/support/solutions/articles/12000047549-when-i-try-to-play-a-video-on-my-roku-de...

I'm out of ideas.  Have you got any other suggestions?

0 Kudos