Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LilyBell
Level 7

PBS channel version 4 reverts to home screen after 2 seconds

2 days ago I turned on my Roku and the PBS app icon looked different.  When selecting the channel it asked me to reactivate so I did.  From that moment on, the PBS app crashes and goes back to the home screen 2 seconds later.  PBS videos play fine on my chromebook from the pbs.org streaming site.

The Roku PBS channel (app) is version 4.0, dated November 5, 2019.

I've removed the channel and reinstalled it and reactivated 4 times, restarted the Roku, and confirmed that my Passport is active.  PBS tech support has not helped other than to tell me the things I already tried and ask me how old my Roku was (it's a Roku 3).

I logged into my router and there are no blocked sites at all, so doubleclick being blocked (at least in the router admin portal) is not the problem.

I've run out of ideas - need help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
boogernose
Level 10

Re: PBS channel version 4 reverts to home screen after 2 seconds

There was a major update to Roku OS recently and some of the Channels are catching up.

This may be the issue.

You can try high-lighting the Channel press star then update.

A day or two might make the difference.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 10

The other guy said changing his DNS server and back might have helped.

If you want to try something technical you could try changing your DNS in the router to something like  8.8.8.8 which is Googles server. You'd have to restart the router. If that doesnt work just go back and revert to the original setting.

0 Kudos
LilyBell
Level 7

Thanks, I'll see what happens.