Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteBae
Level 7

PBS Video closing constantly

Hi,
since two days I cannot use the PBS Video channel (version 2.7 build 3) anymore. Every time I want to watch a video, the channel closes 1-2 seconds after it tries to load the video and displays the spinner. I already removed the channel, did a soft reboot (settings/system/restart), and reinstalled the channel but it made no difference. I'm using a Premiere+ (8.0.0 build 4108).

Is this a known issue?
0 Kudos
27 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: PBS Video closing constantly

I haven't seen any issues in CS regarding this.  Delete the channel, reboot your Roku (make sure you do this!!!), and then re-add the channel, and try again.  If that doesn't work (and if anyone else has a similar problem, let me know.  Please make certain you add your model number and deviceID (if applicable), as well as your current firmware version (all can be found in Settings > System > About).
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos

The PBS app was just updated a few days ago to v2.7 b3, and ever since I've had nothing but trouble with it.

Whenever you attempt to navigate to a show's page or play a video from your watchlist/history, the app dumps you right back out to the Roku home screen.

I've tried every conceivable troubleshooting method to get it working, including deactivating/reactivating the device on PBS.org; uninstalling the app, rebooting, reinstalling; playing videos when logged in as well as logged out of PBS (I'm a supporter and have access to Passport). Nothing fixes it.

It's worth noting that I submitted a bug report about this through PBS's website yesterday morning, but haven't heard anything back from them.

I'm experiencing these symptoms on four different devices, all of which are at the latest firmware 8.0.0 build 4108:

3500 Stick (two of these)
4620 Premiere
4630 Premiere+
0 Kudos
SteBae
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
I haven't seen any issues in CS regarding this.  Delete the channel, reboot your Roku (make sure you do this!!!), and then re-add the channel, and try again.  If that doesn't work (and if anyone else has a similar problem, let me know.  Please make certain you add your model number and deviceID (if applicable), as well as your current firmware version (all can be found in Settings > System > About).

Thanks for the reply. However, I have already tried your suggestion as mentioned in my original post. The channel version number, Roku model number and firmware is also mentioned in my original post. They are: Roku Premiere+ 4630X running firmware 8.0.0 build 4108. PBS Video channel version 2.7 build 3. 

I'd appreciate any other suggestions I could try. Thanks.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

"SteBae" wrote:
"RokuShawnS" wrote:
I haven't seen any issues in CS regarding this.  Delete the channel, reboot your Roku (make sure you do this!!!), and then re-add the channel, and try again.  If that doesn't work (and if anyone else has a similar problem, let me know.  Please make certain you add your serial number and deviceID (if applicable), as well as your current firmware version (all can be found in Settings > System > About).

Thanks for the reply. However, I have already tried your suggestion as mentioned in my original post. The channel version number, Roku model number and firmware is also mentioned in my original post. They are: Roku Premiere+ 4630X running firmware 8.0.0 build 4108. PBS Video channel version 2.7 build 3. 

I need the serial number and deviceID as well.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
0 Kudos
SteBae
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
"SteBae" wrote:
"RokuShawnS" wrote:
I haven't seen any issues in CS regarding this.  Delete the channel, reboot your Roku (make sure you do this!!!), and then re-add the channel, and try again.  If that doesn't work (and if anyone else has a similar problem, let me know.  Please make certain you add your serial number and deviceID (if applicable), as well as your current firmware version (all can be found in Settings > System > About).

I need the serial number and deviceID as well.

Here you go: Device ID: 7KA742023151, Serial No.: YR002M023151
Thank you.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Thanks.

If anyone else is experiencing this issue, please post your information (model and serial number, deviceID) as well.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
0 Kudos

0 Kudos
r5turbo2
Level 7

Same issue with our Roku Ultra. Tried deleting and adding back twice (with reboot). Tried various resolution changed to TV with no improvement.

Details are:
Model: 4640X - Roku Ultra
Device ID: 7LC73D037059
Serial#: YP00DD037059
Software: 8.0.0 build 4108-29

Overall this device is somewhat unstable with this new release. Not impressed with the quality of these updates...
0 Kudos
ASGiaquinta
Level 7

Experiencing the same issue on both my Roku  devices, based on what I see here it looks like its a combo of both the new roku OS and the PBS Kids channel version. Issue only started occuring after updating to OS 8.0. Hopefully a fix will come quickly, my 2 year is misses his curious george and sesame street!

Model: 4630X
DeviceID: 7KA697592048
Serial#:YR007D592048
Software: 8.0.0. build 4108-29

Model: 4620X
DeviceID: 7J9690060317
Serial#: YT0005060317
Software: 8.0.0. build 4108-29
0 Kudos