Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Overheating on Prime

Strange.  We just started getting this warning watching Prime yesterday.  Don't have a single issue streaming Netflix or Disney+.  Only overheat warnings when streaming Prime.  This is very peculiar.

Model: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+

Serial: YH00EW399418

Software Version: 9.2.0 build 4807-50

Primary channel version: 11.2 build 2020051517

Please help, this just started happening on 05/27/2020.  Never experienced prior to this date.

Thanks,

Jay

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Overheating issues

Danny, we have also started getting the ‘overheating’ message while watching Amazon Prine.  Roku sent us the extender and the stick started overheating again.

Stick SN is CT37CO798264

3800 X RSS

S# YF000X798264

9.2.0 build 4806-55

version 11.2

Bobby Slovak

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I reinstalled my Amazon Prime app, and that has resolved the overheating issue for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Raisuli53 @KraydonVesuvius 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along the information to the appropriate team to take a further look into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I tried re-installing Amazon Prime, and it still had the same problem. Is there anyway possible to talk or chat with a real person for support? As with many other posts, my new Roku Premiere overheats while streaming Amazon Prime only. I can't find any solutions other than the obvious of which I've done over and over again. Very disappointed in Roku Support. Seems my only option is to return it and have the privilege of paying for the shipping to send back their defective device. 

Highlighted
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R 

I have been having the same problem, although seems better today. Was something updated recently?

Model: 3810RW

Serial number: YH00C9815568

software version 9.2.0 build 4807-50

Prime channel version 11.2 build 2020051517

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Please post the solution.......same problem here.....overheating on PRIME ONLY!

Julian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Add another. I am having this same issue. Only overheating using Prime. Seems to only be happening to one of my roku expresses and not the other though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@gkferrell @knac1234 @Afritzsche 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku Model and serial number (found in Settings > System > About)
-Roku OS version and build (found in Settings > System > About)
-Channel version (found by selecting the channel in the Home page and pressing the * button)

With more information we will be able to look deeper into the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@pdklein88 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along the information to the appropriate team to take a further look into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos