Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayD
Level 8

How do I live stream my cable channels with roku? It is connected to Wi-Fi but I’m not able to view any live channels currently playing on the cable box.. I have optimum cable provider and I don’t see an app like spectrum. I called optimum and they said roku is compatible and it must be a roku Troubleshoot issue but I can’t get in touch with anyone to speak with about the issue. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Optimum

Jump to solution

Unless your cable provider offers a channel developed for Roku devices, there's no way to watch your cable channels with a Roku. That isn't what these devices are designed for, although there are a small number of cable companies that have created channels for Roku devices. 

A Roku TV is capable of watching cable channels that are not encrypted, but the FCC no longer requires them to keep any unencrypted so it's unlikely that you would see more than a few channels without using the cable box.

I just searched the channel store for Optimum, and the only one was for a health club. Not what you're looking for, I'm sure. Smiley Happy

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Unless your cable provider offers a channel developed for Roku devices, there's no way to watch your cable channels with a Roku. That isn't what these devices are designed for, although there are a small number of cable companies that have created channels for Roku devices. 

A Roku TV is capable of watching cable channels that are not encrypted, but the FCC no longer requires them to keep any unencrypted so it's unlikely that you would see more than a few channels without using the cable box.

I just searched the channel store for Optimum, and the only one was for a health club. Not what you're looking for, I'm sure. Smiley Happy

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
JayD
Level 8

Jump to solution

Ok, Thank you 

0 Kudos
jaxdee
Level 7

Jump to solution

optimum has tv to go channels. it includes on demand titles as well as live tv options. to get them on your roku search for the channel itself in the "streaming channels" menu from the home screen (TBS, SYFY, COMEDY CENTRAL, NBC etc.) once you add the channel to the roku device you open the channel and locate the settings for that channel - its usually along the top of the screen. you can choose the option that says "link to tv/cable provider" from there you will be directed to use a mobile device or computer to activate the channel with a code. on your browser, you enter the code from the screen, and are redirected to log into your cable account with your optimum ID and password. it can be tedious as i have not found a way to activate all channels at once, and so you will have to activate each channel one at a time, but once you do, you will be able to access all of optimums tv on the go features. 

hope this helps