Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Opening PBS Kids channel causes Roku Express to crash

Mine was working fine until today and now it will not work. I did a factory reset (twice actually) and it did not fix it. This is the whole reason I bought it. We cancelled dish service and pbs kids is the channel our tv is on 90% of the time. VERY frustrated and dissatisfied. Pbs kids says it is NOT on their end.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ohazco
Level 7

Obviously this problem has blown up today by all the additional posts. The OP and I both had the problem earlier with composite cable Roku, our HDMI Roku express worked fine until today as well, so obviously there is a major problem, hopefully Roku and PBS can stop blaming the other party and just fix it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
asarno
Level 7

Hi tanner
Just posting to let you know - I too have the same issue- all other channels are fine - I have a roku3 box and 2 Roku sticks
All 3 TVs have same issue with PBS KIDS and all started same time last night
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the notes here. Are other channels working correctly on your devices? 

If so, this is likely an indication that their is an issue within the channel (app) that the channel provider will need to resolve. You'll want to contact PBS support directly to report this issue and request additional help. Each channel on the Roku platform is built and maintained by the channel developer themselves. They'll be able to best assist with any issues that you are encountering within their channel. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

[Update] PBS Kids has just published an updated version of their channel to address the issue that was reported. Please visit Settings>System>system update>Check now to update to the latest version of the channel. This should clear up the issue you're seeing!

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ohazco
Level 7

As Tanner said PBS has fixed the issue that started yesterday, but the original issue of this thread still exists. PBS kids still does not work when using Roku Express with composite cables. I confirmed today that when switching to HDMI it works, but not when switching back to composite. Yes Tanner we get it, not your problem it's the app developer. Unfortunately I think there are so few of us on composite that they aren't concerned about. Wish I hadn't bought the Roku now.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
tyanneb
Level 7

I have followed this feed and completed all recommendations to get PBS kids to work again. The app loads for me but after selecting a show ex. Sesame Steet, the app spins and then freezes and returns to the main menu. My roku is hooked up through HDMI and like I said, I have already completed all suggested updates and restarts.. I emailed PBS, hoping for a solution quickly.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Amoliana86
Level 7

I have Roku 1, composite connection. Same issue with PBS. I thought my Roku is just getting so old, it’s time to update. Glad I searched here before updating to a newer Roku device. Looks like it’s not a problem with it being the 1st edition. It’s a problem with all Rokus?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ronsie
Level 7

Having same problem.  No one seems to be able to help correct it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Egunnarsson
Level 7

I have the Roku+ and the app force closes every time I try to play a video. I have also reset, reinstalled, restarted, and updated to current version - and I use HDMI. So is this a PBS issue? Is that what has been determined?
0 Kudos