Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Only some channels on my Roku account are displaying on my new second Roku

Jump to solution

I set up our Roku account some years ago in our living room.  We subscribe to a number of pay channels, e.g., CBS All Access, Britbox and a few others.  We decided to drop our satellite service and go to (probably) Fobu's streaming channels, so I bought a couple more Roku units for location in my home office and our bedroom.  I just set up the first one, a Roku Express, but when done it doesn't display all the channels in the account.  How do make the display (and access) identical? 

And if I add new channels later from any of the Rokus, shouldn't they show up on the others automatically?  And disappear if I delete a channel? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Only some channels on my Roku account are displaying on my new second Roku

Jump to solution

Update:  I closed the account I had just opened, which delinked my new device.  Now I can't reconnect to my original account.  I followed instructions I Googled for resetting the device -- disconnect from power and TV and take out the batteries from the device, then turn on the power, etc., and replace the batteries.  I am still getting the same screen that resulted from closing the account -- mostly empty with no option to reconnect.  What do I do now?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I need to add that I think the problem is that I set up the new Roku device using the original email address for our account, which I later changed, so it's possible what I have done is create a separate account.  The setup looked that way once I entered my email.  Should I close this account and start over?  Or is there another solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Update:  I closed the account I had just opened, which delinked my new device.  Now I can't reconnect to my original account.  I followed instructions I Googled for resetting the device -- disconnect from power and TV and take out the batteries from the device, then turn on the power, etc., and replace the batteries.  I am still getting the same screen that resulted from closing the account -- mostly empty with no option to reconnect.  What do I do now?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Further update:  I went into settings, found the place for factory reset, and that allowed me to start over.  I connected with my original account, and all our channels are displaying on the new device.  

I hope this saga is helpful to someone.  BE SURE OF YOUR ORIGINAL EMAIL ADDRESS WHEN CONNECTING A NEW ROKU DEVICE TO YOUR ACCOUNT.  You can do that by going to Settings and -- I forgot the rest already, but you can Google for that as I did.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Settings->About

0 Kudos