Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandyut
Level 7

One account on Pandora???

I just noticed the Pandora app will no longer take multiple accounts?  googled it and they are saying to run two accounts you need two Roku?  this is a downgrade and makes no sense!  we pay for two accounts why cant I switch between them on the same Roku Pandora app??

If I am wrong, please tell me how to add a second account i cant figure it out.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
optikhog
Level 7

Re: One account on Pandora???

I am a long time user of Pandora on Roku and have no recollection of there ever being the ability to change accounts on the device.  Regardless, you might get the best response by taking this up with Pandora since they build and update the app: https://help.pandora.com/s/?language=en_US
0 Kudos

Never has been a way to switch accounts in Pandora. Only way to do it is to have active account log out and log in with the other account.
0 Kudos
sandyut
Level 7

before about a week ago, we had two accounts on one pandora channel and you could go to accounts and "switch accounts" without logging out of either.  it was very cool.

with the last upgrade to the pandora channel app - if you go to log out, it still says "if you log out your account will not be available to switch accounts".  Even tho I cant find how to have both  available.
0 Kudos
Dragline
Level 7

The ability to switch accounts was added when Pandora upgraded the channel from list view to the grid layout for stations.  Two or more accounts could login and then switch between them without having to re-enter the password.  We just noticed this ability is no longer available, as well.  Hopefully it's a temporary problem and Pandora will re-add the feature.  It was very convenient not having to fully logout/login every time we switched accounts.
0 Kudos
fors6630
Level 7

We desperately need this functionality on Roku. The ability for the kids to stay logged in with my account, then add a bunch a Channels that I never wanted it, destroys the personalization.

They need their own ability to login with their own account/profile easily on Roku. Then switch to a different account/profile.

This is not that hard in 2019!!
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 10

"fors6630" wrote:
We desperately need this functionality on Roku. The ability for the kids to stay logged in with my account, then add a bunch a Channels that I never wanted it, destroys the personalization.

They need their own ability to login with their own account/profile easily on Roku. Then switch to a different account/profile.

This is not that hard in 2019!!

You would need to contact Pandora.  They are the ones that developed their channel.
0 Kudos