Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Official Twitch app doesn’t work anymore

I added the unofficial channel first which prompted me to download the new official one (one not supported anymore) and it worked for a few days. Now when I go to start the official one, it crashes back to the home screen right when it loads. Any ideas? I’ve tried unplugging and replugging. 

23 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

adding Twitchtv and how it works

i set up to get twitch tv added and it did work but when I click on the app, nothing is there. I want to see "Come and Toke It" with Willie Nelson on 4/20. I would I know if it is really set up if I click on the App and nothing comes up?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

We want a Twitch app

Give us a **bleep** twitch app. We know it’s not 100% on twitch at this point. Figure something out with them. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Twitch channel needed

Roku,

I bought my Roku SPECIFICALLY to watch Twitch.

The official Twitch channel stopped working about 7 months ago. TTV was working great. That ended 2 weeks ago.

Now there are NO ways to watch Twitch through Roku.

Please work out your issues with Amazon and get us a Twitch channel.  

Thank you,

Michael

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Twitch channel needed

Agree completely. Why is it taking so long for an official Twitch app?

Highlighted
Level 7

Twitch is my primary channel I watch.  Please work with Amazon to get a channel with official support ASAP.  It's been years.  I'm forced to now use some other product, which is sad as Roku has the best interface and product on the market.

Highlighted
Level 7

I finally upgraded my Roku to Ultra less than a week before the TTV channel was taken down. My husband and I are considering returning it because we watch twitch streams on our TV upstairs 90% of the time. I don't want to buy a fire stick because I like the Roku ecosystem and am used to it. I feel like I dont have a choice which really stinks.

Highlighted
Level 7

I agree.  I, like many others bought Roku devices/tvs to be ABLE to watch Twitch.  And with the current official app no longer supported/working and any and every 3rd party app getting taken down, it seems rather pointless to keep going, especially when none of us want to cave into Amazon and buy a Firestick.

Please please PLEASE work with Amazon to bring us an official Twitch app back.  There is a BIG demand for it.

Highlighted
Level 7

I would love to have an updated version of the twitch app.  It was one of the main apps that I use on both of my devices.  It was a shame TTV was removed right after the original twitch app stopped working.

Highlighted
Level 7

Please add this! I would use this app by far the most out of any of my apps and know plenty of people who would also use this if it existed