Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mitspain
Level 8

Re: Twitch channel needed

Taylor,

I don't know if you have tried those instructions. They may have worked in the past. But they do not any longer.

Those were to add the official twitch channel after twitch stopped supporting it. It hasn't worked for months.

I appreciate the attempt tho!

0 Kudos
av1r0n
Level 7

Re: Twitch channel needed

I am forced to use my AppleTV instead of the Roku Ultimate and it is going into the storage closet as Twitch is my #1 channel.  Only cost me $6 for an extra power cord and a pain to move the AppleTV when I want to watch on the patio - I refuse to buy Google hardware :/

0 Kudos
KgRuthless
Level 7

Adding twitch

I love being able to watch things on a big screen instead of watching it on my phone but i notice that you don't have twitch,I don't like watching it on my phone I want to be able to watch it on the big screen #addtwitch 

0 Kudos
Bitty1
Level 7

Re: Adding twitch

Apparently Roku are blocking Twitch from making an app. Something about the technology, it's not a money issue. So we as customers are in a lousy position; Roku won't let Twitch make their app, and Twitch won't allow what was a fantastic unofficial app to continue operating. Don't expect a resolution on this soon, if ever.

0 Kudos
xavier222
Level 7

**bleep** it Roku, make it happen. I want to be able to watch/listen to Twitch on my TV while I'm working.

0 Kudos
Allan3535
Level 8

This sucks. Just got a Roku to watch twitch as its now unsupported!!! I don't want to go back to fire stick. 

0 Kudos
AXington
Level 8

Y'all know this is because Amazon bought Twitch right? They pulled the app and stopped supporting it. **bleep** at Amazon.

0 Kudos
Allan3535
Level 8

Well that just makes me even more determined NOT to switch to their Fire TV platform.

0 Kudos
AXington
Level 8

Then tell them that. I'm not sure through what channels, but the only way they will change this is if people raise a stink, and stop using their stuff. Vote with your dollar.

0 Kudos