Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phyllisasherer
Channel Surfer

Oddly placed commercials during Roku Channel Streaming Live TV

I can't find the exact place this should be added, but in my opinion, the live streaming tv has the oddest placed commercials I have ever seen. There's obvious "hesitations" where commercials should be, but Roku puts them in the middle of a conversation instead.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
rebellenpirat
Reel Rookie

Re: Oddly placed commercials during Roku Channel Streaming Live TV

The people in charge of placing the commercials at Roku are all Idiots!!, stop placing **bleep** commercials where they don’t belong. drunk monkeys could do a better job

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@rebellenpirat 

I am pretty sure it is just a random placement.  Similar to Youtube ads.  Triggerered after certain number of minutes, etc. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
rebellenpirat
Reel Rookie

who in their right mind would do something so stupid putting ads at random times. Roku should have left the commercials like A&E had them originally. almost makes me want to go back to my firestick.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@rebellenpirat 

The networks kind of place commercials strategically so that both the content (show) and the commercials all run within the allotted time space ( ie. an hour).  Perhaps the show is 42 minutes long, so 18 minutes are allocated for commercials.

Streaming on-demand AVOD (ad-supported video on demand) doesn't work in the same manner.  That same 42 minute show may be accompanied by 2 ads, or 4 ads. (maybe 2 minutes total time).  Can't really expect every conceivable, available show to be gone through to have a 15 second, or even 60 second ad placed in the same spot that the network chose.  Best to just get through the ads as soon as possible and on to the show.

I understand your point, but I think most people get used to the sometimes odd placement.  Your point is taken, though.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos