Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Waterwizard
Level 7

Oan

Why isn’t oan streaming? 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
Lynna
Level 8

Re: Oan

I am having the same issue. I know of no solution. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
JRW1
Level 7

I'm having the same problem.

Is OAN being Blocked by Left

Lynna
Level 8

Don't know, I thought about that too. I also find it strange that I can find no news about this issue on the internet. Is this just a Roku problem?

Lynna
Level 8

OAN is streaming again. I don't know what changed but its back.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

You will find that sometimes various Channels/apps will experience temporary issues (especially News streaming Channels).

Sometimes you just have to wait it out or find a temporary way to watch (ie online).

Good to post here to see if others are having similar issues, but normally the issue is caused by and ultimately resolved by the Channel Developer (here, OAN).  Depending on the issue, may find that you have to update the channel (* button) if extensive fix, but normally you will find that if you try again at a later time the Channel will be working properly again. (Again, especially with these News streaming services).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos
TimbersDaddy
Level 7

It wouldn’t be a stretch, given the stranglehold they have on virtually every other news outlet. 
oann seems to be the only place that hasn’t acquiesced to the ‘L’.  
  If you have the channel running, does it just stop after a few hours of running? I often listen to the channel & happened to be watching when it went into that mode. It asks if I’m still watching. I’m usually not physically watching & it just shuts off in the middle of sentences. (Any Ideas?)

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Both Roku devices and some of the Channels/apps themselves have a "bandwidth saver" feature that will normally prompt the end user to confirm you are still watching (rather than have fallen asleep or simply left the house leaving the television on while streaming away.)  Good feature to have for those that have data limits or those energy-conscious people.  

To modify Roku device bandwidth, navigate to Settings..Network..Bandwidth Saver

To modify RokuTV bandwidth saver...(Settings..System...Power..Auto Power Savings and also Settings...Network...Bandwidth Saver) 

If any options exists within the Channel/app themselves, would most likely be under their Settings or Options (*) menu within the Channel itself.  I have not come across a Channel that can be modified, but some users have reported their existence I think.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos