Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

OWN channel locks some episodes

Jump to solution

I still have a cable provider and have OWN on it. When trying to watch shows through Roku on the OWN channel, it locks me out. Only a few episodes are "free". The others show a red key and say in order to watch them, I must have a cable subscription that includes OWN. But I do! IThere is no option to sign in, just that. What do I do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: OWN channel locks some episodes

Jump to solution

@purplepenguin 

Thanks for the note.

In the top right hand side, there is an option to Sign In. You will need to activate the channel using your TV or cable provider information. Once you have signed in, you should be able to view the content with the key on them.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@purplepenguin 

Thanks for the note.

In the top right hand side, there is an option to Sign In. You will need to activate the channel using your TV or cable provider information. Once you have signed in, you should be able to view the content with the key on them.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I am already signed in. I verified it in the options section. I also signed out, then signed back in. I am signed in with my provider. When OWN tells me I can only see this episode (or whatever) if I am paying for cable, I am. And there is NO OPTION to "activate" or "Log in" with my provider because I am already logged in. There is no option given at all, just "ok".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@purplepenguin

Thanks for the update.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact OWN support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach OWN support here: http://www.oprah.com/app/helpfaq.html

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1

Jump to solution

This did not work for me . I still cant get locked shows or live.

0 Kudos