Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTA sub-channels

Are there any over the air sub-channels on Roku besides Comet?
Thanks
0 Kudos
6 Replies
mwdxer1
Level 7

Re: OTA sub-channels

There are now several, but not the many of the top ones.  But promised more to come.  Some have licensing issues I have been told.  Most are either sports, religious, or international news channels. There is Heartland (Country music videos), Tuff TV,  Rev'n (about cars), Biz TV (Business), Weather Nation, Stadium, Newsmax, You too America, DRTV  (Medical), Pursuit. METV streams some programs, but no app for the Roku. The same for Charge. I have no idea why they do not have an app for Roku, if they stream. But there are also many classic TV services that stream, but no Roku app. Maybe some channel like Pluto could add some of these services.
0 Kudos
apodtele
Level 7

Wot? I got the total of 58 on good calm clear night in my area. Do you even know what you asking about?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"apodtele" wrote:
Wot? I got the total of 58 on good calm clear night in my area. Do you even know what you asking about?

Yeah, he's asking if any of them are available on the Roku. He might not be able to receive much OTA.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos

"atc98092" wrote:
"apodtele" wrote:

Yeah, he's asking if any of them are available on the Roku. He might not be able to receive much OTA.

Thanks! Yes, was looking for sub-channels specifically available as apps.
0 Kudos

"mwdxer1" wrote:
There are now several, but not the many of the top ones.  But promised more to come.  Some have licensing issues I have been told.  Most are either sports, religious, or international news channels. There is Heartland (Country music videos), Tuff TV,  Rev'n (about cars), Biz TV (Business), Weather Nation, Stadium, Newsmax, You too America, DRTV  (Medical), Pursuit. METV streams some programs, but no app for the Roku. The same for Charge. I have no idea why they do not have an app for Roku, if they stream. But there are also many classic TV services that stream, but no Roku app. Maybe some channel like Pluto could add some of these services.

Thanks! Tuff TV was one I was looking for. Rev'n also looks interesting. Would love to see MeTV and Grit and Charge as apps.
0 Kudos
mwdxer1
Level 7

58 OTA sub channels? That is great. You must live in or near a major city. Here in the NW, Portland OR (24th market) does not have that many. I live in rural NW Oregon where we have 5 OTA TV stations, giving us only 17. OTA we only have METV, Comet, Stadium, Get TV, Decades, Justice TV, Estrella, Qwest, PBS Kids, and that is about it for subs. Out here we do not even have Antenna TV or THIS, let alone Escape, Bounce, Movies, Heroes & Icons, Grit. I do have Grit, Buzzr, Get TV, Laff, FETV, etc on Dish. 
0 Kudos