Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MEWard12
Level 8

[OS 10.5] Issues with channels

Jump to solution

Who in here do I have to contact to get a 10.0 update push?  Already called customer service, did everything he said.  Keep checking for updates on roku express and roku tv to no avail.  Haven't had disney for over a month and multiple issues with other services.  Can someone manually push an update to my account?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: [OS 10.5] Issues with channels

Jump to solution

@MEWard12

Thanks for information.

The issue you are experiencing is related to an issue we are investigating at the moment. There is currently a thread related to this issue that you can follow for more updates here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Disney-Plus-not-working-Error-Code-42/m-p/735...

We will be closing this thread out to avoid confusion.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@MEWard12 

Keep in mind that updates roll out over a period of months. It may be that you haven't received it yet because you aren't scheduled to receive it yet. I got an update to one device in late October. Another just arrived a couple of weeks ago. I have one that still hasn't received it. I've been a Roku user for nearly 11 years, and I know that it sometimes takes a while, which is why I'm not worried about it.

However, if Roku has completed rollout (I don't know that they have), then @RokuDanny-R , @RokuKariza-D , or @RokuMary-F may be able to offer some help. Once I get word that rollout has completed -- something is usually said by Roku -- and if all my devices aren't updated, I would then reach out. But, they've been tagged and can check to see if you have somehow been missed in the updates.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

MEWard12
Level 8

Jump to solution

@DBDukes I know they have staggered releases, I've been a user since 2010.  It just surprises me with how widespread the issue is and all the different problems associated..

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@MEWard12 

I apologize. I actually read your question backwards. You're wanting to roll back to 10.0 from 10.5. I was answering the opposite: getting 10.5 from 10.0

Reach out to @RokuDanny-R or one of the others and they'll be able to help. A PM might be the best way to contact him.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@MEWard12

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-screenshot of what you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MEWard12
Level 8

Jump to solution

Danny,

Roku tv- 7303x, software 10.5.0 build 4208-31.  Disney+ 1.17 build 2021110300 recieves error code 42 when attempting to load.

Roku express 4k+ -3941x, software 10.5.0 build 4201-cr.  Disney+ is the same build.  Express 4k+ also has startup issues not loading roku software when turned on and has to be restarted to load.

Intermittent issues loading prime version 12.0 build 2021090212 and paramount version 6.2 build 20211108 on both devices.  I attached photos for reference.

Internet speed test consistently shows speeds >120 Mbps download.  Let me know if you need anything else.

Zach

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@MEWard12

Thanks for information.

The issue you are experiencing is related to an issue we are investigating at the moment. There is currently a thread related to this issue that you can follow for more updates here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Disney-Plus-not-working-Error-Code-42/m-p/735...

We will be closing this thread out to avoid confusion.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos