Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
generalleo
Level 7

OS 10.5 Disney+ playback issue

I have the same problem.  On a brand new TCL TV, opening the Disney+ app only shows an "OK" button with no other text, and no other content.  Clicking this OK button closes the app. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app, and unplugging the TV, and making sure the TV is up to date, but this has changed nothing.

Please help!

Disney+ app v1.15

Roku TVA113X, 55R635, v10.5.0

0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24\
sidlittlefield
Level 8

Re: Disney Plus not working on Roku

I'm having the exact same issue as described above. Things I've tried:

1. Restart 

2. Clear Cache 

3. Uninstall and reinstall 

4. Shutdown, unplug, wait. Plug back in. Try again.

I'm currently running:

software version 10.5.0

Build: 4174

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: OS 10.5 Disney+ playback issue

@generalleo, when you deleted and reinstalled Disney+ did you restart your TV in between deleting it and reinstalling?  If not, do it again.  This time after you delete it restart your TV from Settings->System->Power->System restart and then reinstall it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@sidlittlefield

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, please make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back again.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
BrianRunner
Level 7

Re: Disney+ not coming up when I click on Disney plus the screen just a button that says ok comes...

Mine is doing the same thing, just started today. Software is updated, tried deleting the channel on Roku and reinstalling and I restarted the Roku. Still nothing 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney+ not coming up when I click on Disney plus the screen just a button that says ok comes...

@BrianRunner, delete, restart, reinstall.  If you did it in the order you specified you didn't accomplish anything.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
WhitesandRokku
Level 7

Having this same issue, just with Disney+ channel.  Disney logo comes up and then the screen is blank except for an "OK" button at the center, when clicking "OK" button on Roku remote the screen goes back to the home page.  Have gone through the process of removing the channel and restarting roku and reinstalling the channel without resolution.

roku device: Model 4670X - Roku Ultra, SN YJ009X196768, software, 10.5.0 - build 4174-46

Disney+ Channel Version/build: 1.15 / 2021080400

Tracker Id: 68-400-319

0 Kudos
sidlittlefield
Level 8

@WhitesandRokku 

What worked for me was the clearing the advertiser id. You hit the home button 5 times, followed by the back button 5 times. Your Roku should restart. When it came back, mine started working after that.

0 Kudos
generalleo
Level 7

Re: OS 10.5 Disney+ playback issue

Hi @renojim, I gave that a try (delete, restart from the menu, reinstall) but unfortunately that still resulted in the Disney+ app just showing an OK button and then closingwhen the button is pressed.  Thanks though!

I see another suggestion about advertising IDs in this thread that I will try.  It is inconvenient to have another streaming device plugged into the TV just to be able to run Disney+…

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@WhitesandRokku

Thanks for the post and providing us with the requested information.

I have passed the information along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos