Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NMBSC
Reel Rookie

Re: Connected to internet but says i cant connect to some channels

Jump to solution

I thought it might be associated with the Google YouTube TV dispute. If you already had it installed on ROKU you were good, but if you had to install YTTV it would not work, Concerned about removing YTTV.

BB25
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku NOT playing Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm having the same issue with Youtube TV and Youtube. I haven't tried Sling yet. This is so frustrating as I have exercise content on youtube and I pay for Youtube TV. I just read that Roku and Google are having some type of business issues and they are taking it out on the customers. I don't know if they have resolved their issues but given that I can't access the Apps, something hasn't been resolved. I'm so frustrated-it looks like I have to find and purchase another streaming device...

I'm hoping that there is a fix. Someone from the company, please respond to our issues.

Thanks.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@NMBSC 

You need to try the list, which doesnt include app reinstallation (dont remove the YTTV app regardless, you wont get it back until the end of the dispute).

0 Kudos
BB25
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Update: I just tried to open Sling and it's not opening it just says the same message (Sling TV could not run because it could not be reinstalled from the network. etc.) There is nothing wrong with the network connection. This is crazy and frustrating.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@BB25 @Dnice22 

Try these known workarounds/solutions:

1) Check for updates: Settings/System/System update/Check now - try again

2) Restart Roku: Settings/System/System restart/Restart - try again

3) Change your Theme to the Roku Default: Settings/Theme/Restore default theme - try again

4) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock: Settings/Theme/Screensavers - try again

5) Remove SD card (if installed) - try again

6) Network connection reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again

7) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

😎 Factory reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset <--- last resort

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Model: 3900RW - Roku Express 

Serial Number: YG00EG476620

Device ID: C439E476620

Software Version: 10.0.0 - build 4209-51 

This has only been happening to the YouTube app for me. Every time I click on it, a notification appears saying, “can’t run channel because it cannot be reinstalled” Netflix as well as every other app of mine works just fine. My device is fully updated and network connection is “excellent” after multiple tests. Ive restarted many times, including factory reset, deleted the app, re-downloadedand and am still getting the same screen every time I try to open YouTube. I feel like I’ve tried everything which is why I’m here, hopefully this works…

Aaronb1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried all the suggestions posted here including factory rest. None worked for Prime Video. The others started working.

My Model -- 3900RW

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

1)  Make sure you are using the supplied USB AC adapter and NOT the TV's/AVR's USB ports (they rarely provide enough power)

2) Try reinstalling Prime:

A) Remove the app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

B) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

C) Re-install the app

(If you dont restart after removal, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

Michelle_Andrew
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue. I have tried everything single step recommended and nothing is working. I was watching it around noon today and it was just fine. Then about 8:00 PM I’m having this issue and it’s now 9:38PM I’m getting pissed.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@MitchNewman 

Known solutions/workarounds for apps not loading/closing to Home:

1) Check for updates: Settings/System/System update/Check now - try again

2) Restart Roku: Settings/System/System restart/Restart - try again

3) Change your Theme to the Roku Default: Settings/Theme/Restore default theme - try again

4) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock: Settings/Theme/Screensavers - try again

5) Remove SD card (if installed) - try again

6) Remove app, RESTART ROKU: Settings/System/System restart/Restart, Add app - try again

7) Network connection reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again

😎 Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

9) Factory reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset <--- last resort

NOTE for #6: Do not remove the YouTube TV app - you will not get the app back until the end of the dispute

0 Kudos