Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upset1235
Streaming Star

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

Do you work for Roku? This post really looks like an ad. I'm sorry but after this, I'm not really wanting to give any more of my hard earned money to Roku. I'm sure a lot of other people with this probelm feel the same.

remaker
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I do not work for Roku, but sometimes throwing money at a problem is the fastest way to fix it. Maybe even switch to a competing media player. If Roku loses sales over this bug, maybe they will pay more attention to software quality?

Otherwise, try a factory reset. Or wait to see if a software update fixes it.

Or try all of the other things like changing the theme, wallpaper and screensaver to a few different things.

Something is clearly wonky inside the Roku. I agree that a reset is painful, and if you are going to do a reset you might as well start with a replacement unit. it's all a question of how much time you want to sink into the issue.

Thksnow
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That's great that it worked but it's not surprising.  Did you check for a software update after you did the factory reset, and if so, did it still work after that?  If you didn't, it's possible that the next automatic software update check (probably tomorrow) MAY result in the same problem all over again, of the latest software update is the source of the problem. 

I'm very surprised that no Roku moderator or support persons has chimed in in response to this latest part of this thread, since this problem obviously has recently started affecting a number of Roku customers. 

0 Kudos
Sray

Re: Connected to internet but says i cant connect to some channels

Jump to solution

When this started happening, I checked support threads and it showed the same mess happened in July.  Roku comments kept downplaying how bad it was but the comments showed otherwise.

The list you posted?!Tried them all and yes "factory reset everything" should be last resort bc it has been a nightmare.

When I try system update again to load apps, it takes an hour to get maybe 10 loaded.  I have to use my cell's hotspot and it is costing me $10 for 15gb and trying to load updates is costing me a fortune!!

And when they start loading...BOOM...back to loading and kicked back to home screen. 

I too am homebound (disabled AND stage IV triple negative metastatic breast cancer).  Sadly enough, TV is the only entertainment and this stress kills quality of life even more!

Sray

Re: STILL NOT Resolved: Channel launch issue - "Can't run channe...

Jump to solution

20211007_034852_HDR-1-1.jpg

When this started happening, I checked support threads and it showed the same mess happened in July.  Roku comments kept downplaying how bad it was but the comments showed otherwise.

The list you posted?!Tried them all and yes "factory reset everything" should be last resort bc it has been a nightmare.

When I try system update again to load apps, it takes an hour to get maybe 10 loaded.  I have to use my cell's hotspot and it is costing me $10 for 15gb and trying to load updates is costing me a fortune!!

And when they start loading...BOOM...back to loading and kicked back to home screen. 

I too am homebound (disabled AND stage IV triple negative metastatic breast cancer).  Sadly enough, TV is the only entertainment and this stress kills quality of life even more!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Netflix, Prime, Sling, etc.

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe this issue has been resolved by manually checking for a software update on your Roku device.

You can perform a manual software update by doing the following:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select System update.
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.
  6. Restart your Roku device through Settings > System > Power > Power > System restart.

In the event, that your issue is still not resolved, please provide us with the following information so we can investigate your specific issue:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-when did you start to see this issue occur?
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-screenshot of any error messages of what you are experiencing.

Once we have this information we will be able to investigate your specific issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Other Roku resources you might find helpful:

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Jerry_V

Jump to solution

We just had this exact same problem and after doing all the DannyRoku suggested and it still not working, we finally solved it. It was a hassle but here's how we solved the problem.  We first did a complete "Factory Reset" which meant we had to reinstall our Roku (3) with username and password.  It was just as if we were completely starting over and and then after choosing our preferred apps and viewing preferences, we had to go to each paid streaming app (i.e. Netflix, Prime, etc) and log in to each one and everything worked fine.  Hope that helps.

Wordbrd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

None of my channels work, and I have done everything that I've read to try, rebooting the router, restarting Roku, and deleting and adding channels. None of them work. It would be nice if someone addressed this for once and for all.

0 Kudos
ocarlsen

Jump to solution

I have same issue, cannot run Prime or Apple TV.  Have tried all steps to uninstall, restart, update software, reinstall.  

0 Kudos
Shufs0623
Reel Rookie

Re: STILL NOT Resolved: Channel launch issue - "Can't run channe...

Jump to solution

It has now gotten worse! It started with just YouTube and after today's update it is Hulu, Prime, and HBO in addition. I effectively can't use my entire TV bc it is a Roku TV. This is so ridiculous. I will never buy a Roku TV again. 

0 Kudos