Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsingh7us
Reel Rookie

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

Model: 4662X; SN: 04608D677298; Roku exits while watching show on Sling, Prime or Netflix. I searched online and tried every fix but I still run into issues.

0 Kudos
Shufs0623
Reel Rookie

Re: STILL NOT Resolved: Channel launch issue - "Can't run channe...

Jump to solution

Tried the whole list- system updates, default settings, everything. Still not working. And it is literally only YouTube. Every other app has been reinstalling and working fine. 

0 Kudos
billyoper
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Go into power and do a system restart it works for me. I tried all the other things but they did not work. No support from roku support.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Shufs0623

Thanks for the posts and for providing us with your information.

Our team is continuously investigating this issue. We'll let everyone know if there's an update or if we need further information. You can also visit this link for updates. 

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Irene

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
upset1235
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Sorry that last message came out all screwed up:

Hi, I am still having this issue. New information.

Roku Model 3910RW Roku Express+

Serial number YG00CR483072 (C5379C483072)

Software version 10.0.0 build 4209-51

Device ID C5379C483072

Issue ID 72-384-543

This issue started on 9/18 at about 12:00am at least that's when I noticed it. Every channel on my roku was giving me the same error "Can't run channel becuase it could not be reinstalled from the network." On 10/4 I deleted some of my apps and changed wallpaper to "default" and screensaver to "digital clock" sounds are "default.

Now I am able to load Netflix Version 5.0 build 980211420 (was working previously), Showtime Anytime Version 2.18 build 26, Starz Version 3.15 build 45, AMC+ Version 1.0 build 14, Roku App, and True Crime Channel. However, I am still not able to load the following apps:

Hulu Version 6.50 build 0 (now getting different error - "Can't run channel because there is not enough space")

Prime Version 12.0 build 2021090212 (same error "Can't run channel becuase it could not be reinstalled from the network."

HBO Max Version 5013 build 3 - (now getting different error - "Can't run channel because there is not enough space")

Discovery + - (now getting different error - "Can't run channel because there is not enough space")

It seems like deleting some apps freed up some space to allow my device to load some of the channels, I am getting a "loading" when they open, but they do open after a few seconds.

For some reason my roku thinks it doesn't have enough space to run all of the channels. I have never had a problem running all of these apps prior to 9/18. And I have had them all installed for at least a year or more without a problem. I have been checking for updates and restarting/unplugging my device several times a day.  I am still on the same software version 10.0.0 build 4209-51, last updated June 30 7:03am.

Please advise on the status of this issue. Getting really tired of this. I pay good money for streaming services that have not been available to me for 3 weeks now. This is ridiculous.

0 Kudos
alfonsi4
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hope this helps.

I saw a fix from a user to change the "Theme" and the "Screensaver" and it worked.

So I changed mine, and it worked.

Try that and hopefully you will have the same results.

Tom A.

0 Kudos
upset1235
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hi Tom A., 

Thank you for the suggestion, but unfortunately this did not work for me. I appreciate the help though.

0 Kudos
billyoper
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This worked for me try going into power and do a system reset,hopefully this will take care of your problem. Sinceroku is not fixing the problem they need to recruit people who actually are using to test what works and give them feedback.

0 Kudos
upset1235
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

blilloper, 

do you mean a factory reset? Did this work for you? I appreciate the help. I noticed that there are older roku posts with this same issue. Looks like it’s been a problem on and off since 2019

0 Kudos
billyoper
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

No, go to system,then power,then select system restart,do not do factory reset you loss everything.hopefully this works for you.then after it comes back just try launching channel again.

0 Kudos