Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: STILL NOT Resolved: Channel launch issue - "Can't run channe...

Jump to solution

@Rvnshadow2001 

If you tried the 4 steps (did you try the 4 steps previously recommended specifically to you?), and you still dont have resolution, try a Factory Reset (many report this as successful):

Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory Reset

0 Kudos
Rickm913
Channel Surfer

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

Sorry to inform you your solution does not work..  I try to update but my system says there is no new update the last one was June 24, 2021  

0 Kudos
woody27
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We'll lose the youtube tv app if we do that

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@woody27 

A Factory Reset alone wont "lose" or remove the YouTube TV app (I've added new devices and Factory Reset several - including within the last week - since the start of the carriage dispute, and the YouTube TV app always installs on new/Factory Reset devices).

You have to manually remove the app (Highlight/Options/Remove) in order for an app to be removed from your account (and all the devices on it).

Apps are account associated, not specific device associated, so when you add an app, you are adding it to the account (and all the devices on it) and vice versa for removal - it removes the app from the account (and all devices on it).

However, that being said, just as with the Spectrum TV app during that dispute, there are reports of the YTTV app suddenly disappearing, or not reappearing after a Factory Reset.

Regardless, even if it were removed, you can always access YTTV through the YT app:  load YT, select "YouTube TV" from the lower left corner of the UI.

0 Kudos
BobE555
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As of 1:00pm ET today (Sunday), I was able to successfully load YouTube on both my Roku devices.

0 Kudos
BobE555
Reel Rookie

Re: This did not fix the issue- Resolved Channel launch issue - "Can't run channel"

Jump to solution

As of 1:00pm ET today (Sunday) I was able to successfully load and run YouTube on my formerly "bad" Roku device after shutting down and re-starting the device (after a few minutes).  The software ID and build did not change, however.

Roku must have "fixed" something...

0 Kudos
johnmcfarlandaz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Tried the update fix. System is up-to-date. Still can't load half of my channels. Netflix works fine. HBO "Can't run channel" could not be reinstalled from the network. The network is fine. Half the channels work and other half gives me this error. Not fixed as of 9/19/2021.

When will this bug be fixed? Do I have to buy another streaming device so that I can watch HBO?

johnmcfarlandaz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

In the event, that your issue is still not resolved, please provide us with the following information so we can investigate your specific issue:
Can't run channel
...could not be reinstalled from the network
Check network
(Network is fine. Other channels work.)

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
3900RW - ROKU EXPRESS
YGOOAX786568
C4385A786568
10.0.0 BUILD 4209-51

-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
HBO MAX
5013 BUILD 3
HULU
6.5 BUILD 0
PBS
5.0 BUILD 5
HISTORY
3.6 BUILD 0
YOUTUBE
2.20 BUILD 93005146

I've tried a number of things including checking for updates. Restarting the device. System restart. Nothing works to get the above channels back.

Laurens35
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Still not working. Going on 5 full days.

device model: 3800x Roku streaming stick 

serial # YF008F996532

device ID: CT3868996532

Tracker ID: 32-376-913 

software OS: 10.0.0 build 4209-55

channels:

- prime video: version 12.0 build 20211090212

- peloton: version 16.8 build 0

- YouTube: version 2.20 build 93005146

The screenshot of the message I can’t attach via mobile, but it reads the same for all three channels: “XYZ channel” could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network. Please check your network connection and try again. 

billyoper
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Still can not get into YouTube tv,sling,YouTube,airplay,I have a tcl roku tv,all come up with message can’t run channel please get this fixed,we pay to much money not to access our apps

0 Kudos