Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tayylahh0305
Reel Rookie

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R This did not fix the problem at all. I have done the update/check for update and nothing. It actually made it worse and I lost more channels. I tried resetting the theme that helped I at least got a couple channels to work again but still having trouble. I’m getting error messages saying can’t connect to the network but my internet is 100% fine. Then after this update I was getting a storage issue, which has never happened before. We had 49 channels I moved it down to 28 and this shouldn’t be happening. 

so frustrating can this please get fixed ? 

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Tayylahh0305 @stargazr19761 @Maryann1 @Theram @Novap3 

ATTENTION:  If you still cant load YouTube/YouTube (or other apps):

1) Check for updates:  Settings/System/System update/Check now

2) Restore the default theme:  Settings/Theme/Restore default theme

3) Use a simple screensaver:  Settings/Theme/Screensavers/Roku Digital Clock/Set as screensaver

4) Load YT/YTTV/apps

** EVEN IF YOU ALREADY PERFORMED THESE STEPS, DO THEM AGAIN **

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Couldn't load because can't be reinstalled from the network

Jump to solution

@Sutomlin @NVV 

3) Use a simple screensaver:  Settings/Theme/Screensavers/Roku Digital Clock/Set as screensaver

4) Load YT/YTTV/apps

Otherwise, contact Roku CS:

chat/email/phone: https://support.roku.com/contactus (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

(816) 272-8106

lc28
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@StreamerUser I was back to having issues this morning not being able to launch Sling. Netflix was the last app I used. I had to remove Netflix and Sling works again. I haven't tried to reinstall Netflix again but I imagine going through your steps again will work. This is insane lol 

0 Kudos
desertgirl
Reel Rookie

STILL NOT Resolved: Channel launch issue - "Can't run channe...

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

You wrote:

Update 9/16/2021 12:11 AM PST
Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue. We have identified the cause and this issue has now been fixed.

In order to apply the latest fix please follow the instructions below to manually check for a software update.

1. Press the Home button  on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select System update.
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.

I still cannot load Sling, YouTube on one device, and on the other device, Sling is only on sneak peak(?). I've checked manually for updates and there are no updates available. The build on one device is 4209 last updated 6/28/21 6:38pm, version 10.0.0. Why is my device not seeing any updates? 

Sutomlin
Reel Rookie

Re: Couldn't load because can't be reinstalled from the network

Jump to solution

Thank you!  I hadn't tried the screensaver / theme idea before - and for some crazy reason, that's what helped restore "The Roku Channel" for me!

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Still having problems with Roku playback as of 9/16/2021

Jump to solution

@Youngerman7812 @davidinct @cincytk @rochelle1 

4) Load YT/YTTV/apps

0 Kudos
Laurens35
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Still doesn’t work. Ran the steps last night and this morning. Still get the error message. 

0 Kudos
cincytk
Reel Rookie

Re: Still having problems with Roku playback as of 9/16/2021

Jump to solution

I did the above twice and Sling still wont launch.  Roku support is non existent on this 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@lc28 wrote:

@StreamerUser I was back to having issues this morning not being able to launch Sling. Netflix was the last app I used. I had to remove Netflix and Sling works again. I haven't tried to reinstall Netflix again but I imagine going through your steps again will work. This is insane lol 

Yeah, it will continue to be a recurring problem unless and until Roku fixes their memory management via a firmware update, in conjunction with reducing their OS/middleware app load along with app size model restrictions/limitations (512MB models probably should get different versions of many apps).

Regardless, you can continue to use this technique (or forms thereof) to attempt to workaround the situation when it occurs.

0 Kudos