Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cynthiamv

It's not just YouTube - it's all my channels that get the "Can't run channel" error

Jump to solution

I saw the previous post but it references YouTube. However, it is happening on every channel I have. And that's after I started deleting channels. Apparently, unnecessarily. Had to watch the Inspiration 4 Launch on my phone, instead of my nice big TV with the Roku Streaming Stick. 

jimwpatton2
Reel Rookie

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

Wed September 15 10:30 PM I too can't run many channels: Apple TV, Prime, YouTube, etc.  I've removed several, cleared cache, etc.  System update - issue remains

ROKU 3800X - Streaming Stick 6th generation

Can’t run channel Apple TV could not be run because there is not enough space.  Please remove one or more of your installed channels

Can’t run channel Apple TV could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network.

0 Kudos
CFel9627

Re: Can't run multiple apps except netflix

Jump to solution

Same problem here as Sgtholman. Very difficult to find confirmation anywhere Roku is having technical difficulties.  I understand sometimes problems occur, but I - as have others - spent a great deal of time trying to resolve when in fact Roku should be sending a broadcast message to their customers- “hey, bear with us, we know there is a problem and we are working on it.” 

gkramp7
Reel Rookie

Re: can't run channel on one tv but can on another.... any ideas ?

Jump to solution

I wonder if they are having server issues. Wish there was a way to truly find out what's up. Thanks for your reply. At least it's not just me

0 Kudos
Binks11

Re: Hulu and Netflix will not run because it could not be reinstalled from the network

Jump to solution

I have tried all the fixes mentioned but can’t use Amazon prime or YouTube.  I’m getting the same message “Could not run because it could not reinstalled from network.  Please check your network connection and try again.”  According to Roku itself my wireless connection is “excellent.”  Netflix is working fine, as is Shudder. 

Crazylady
Reel Rookie

Re: Sling not loading on the Roku, but all of my other streaming apps are working. HELP!

Jump to solution

I went to settings selected "system restart". It working for now.

0 Kudos
George7
Binge Watcher

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

@bribiz 

Many thanks to @bribiz 

yes selecting the clock screensaver then a restart of ROKU worked:

Restart Roku: Settings/System/System restart/Restart 

0 Kudos
chicagorob
Reel Rookie

Re: One of my channels will not load

Jump to solution

I'm getting a message that my AppleTV+ and Youtube channels can't be reinstalled from the network and that I should check my network connection. I ran the diagnostics and the connection is excellent.

NONE of my other channels has an issue re-installing. I already checked AppleTV+ and they said to go back to the streaming device manufacturer. 

WHERE can I get help on this? I just purchased a year of AppleTV+ and now I can't even get to it...

0 Kudos
Erm

Re: Sling not loading on the Roku, but all of my other streaming apps are working. HELP!

Jump to solution

Same exact thing happening for me with AppleTV. Don’t know what to do!

0 Kudos
rhampton0010
Channel Surfer

Re: CAn't launch youtube, prime video or apple + tv channels

Jump to solution

I too started having this problem yesterday.  Researching the community I found tons of treads and tons of posts relating to this problem going back over a year. The employees of roku just keep posting the same things over and over that have already been tried.  After over a year of complaints they obviously don't know the fix.  Several solutions have been given and they all just ended up being temporary as far as I know.  3 people found a permanent solution.  They all said to trash the roku and buy a firestick.