Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't run SlingTV and YouTube

Jump to solution

For some reason I can't run SlingTV and YouTube at all my Roku devices, and I even tried with uninstall/install. 

0 Kudos
RobOrr

Re: CAn't launch youtube, prime video or apple + tv channels

Jump to solution

Having same issues with several channels. Deleted unused channels, restarted several times. Still not able to load AppleTV, Netflix, Hulu, NBC…

gkramp7
Reel Rookie

can't run channel on one tv but can on another.... any ideas ?

Jump to solution

why would i be able to run channels on one TV and not another in the same home ? I have unplugged, restarted the router, checked for updates and done it all three times and still does not work ....does anyone have any ideas PLEASE ?

thank you 

0 Kudos
fergiez21

Re: Only 2 channels work after after new remote paired

Jump to solution

Change your screen saver to the roku clock and try again,it worked for me! After trying 20 other things!! 

0 Kudos

Re: Hulu and Netflix will not run because it could not be reinstalled from the network

Jump to solution

Same here. Started with you tube tv and now sling

0 Kudos
Kylekgk
Reel Rookie

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

I can’t get into Sling TV I hope this is resolved shortly. Disney plus & all others I use work. Sling is what I used the most 

0 Kudos
Kylekgk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here doesn’t work for me. Better fix soon 

0 Kudos
bribiz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After several days I finally got all 5 of my rokus working again.  Hopefully this helps someone and perhaps roku to fix it.

The problem: I read somewhere a user report their 3810 model worked while express didn't.  This person claimed the 3810 had 1 Gig of memory while express only has 512 megs.  So limited memory may be why removing channels, themes, etc. may help.

Screensaver solution:  Changing screensaver to a roku clock worked for some.  The other screensaver that was dynamic took more memory.  However, this fix did not work for me by just changing my screensaver.

My first solution worked on 3 of my devices.  After changing screensavers, I had to clear the memory cache which also reboots the device.  I don't know if a simple reboot would have worked.  Here's how to clear the cache:

1.  Goto home screen and make sure the home menu item is selected.

2.  Press the Home button 5 times, then press the up arrow once, then press the rewind button twice, and then the fast forward button twice.

3.  Wait until it reboots.  You will probably see the menu flicker about and about 10 seconds later it will reboot.  If not try again and make sure you are using rewind and fast forward as the left and right arrows don't work.

If this doesn't work, you will need to remove more items to free up more memory.  After I freed up more memory, my other two devices worked again.  For me, I had installed other themes previously which also installed wallpapers, screensavers, and sounds.

Initially I had deleted the theme packs but it didn't clear out the wallpapers, screensavers and sounds.  To delete them just go to settings -> themes -> wallpapers - go to the My Wallpapers section, select a wallpaper and choose delete wallpaper.  Repeat for sounds and screensavers.

Remember to follow the steps again to clear the cache and then see if You Tube, Prime Video, Sling, etc. work again.

melgmore
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Im having the same issue since 2 days ago.

0 Kudos
Prospyrity
Binge Watcher

Re: Hulu and Netflix will not run because it could not be reinstalled from the network

Jump to solution

I'm having this issue now too.  Just Hulu and sling. Netflix and other apps work fine.  Tried the recommended fixes including removing 5 apps.  Still no joy. 

0 Kudos