Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brheidi427
Reel Rookie

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue all of a sudden today. I hope this gets fixed quickly. May have to get a different streaming device. 

Mam21
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Changing the screensaver worked for me to reconnect my sling and youtube. I tried this with my daughters Ruko and my Sister's 2 different households and did not work for them.

Brheidi427
Reel Rookie

Re: Channel launch issue - "Can't run channel" Screenshots

Jump to solution

I tried changing screensavers as suggested earlier and now my channels work!! 

0 Kudos
granjadi

Jump to solution

Weird...but it worked! Thanks!

0 Kudos
pkaboo1234
Roku Guru

CAn't launch youtube, prime video or apple + tv channels

Jump to solution

I can't launch youtube, prime video or apple + tv channels on my tv with a roku streaming stick. I've tried everything I get 2 different messages. On apple + and prime video I get a message that says "could not be run because there is not enough space". I have about 35 items on my roku. How could there not be enough space? But at the same time, all of the sudden I can't launch youtube either. I get a message that says "youtube could not run because it could not be reinstalled from the network. Check network connection" My connection is fine all of my other channels work and on my roku tv in the other room all of the above channels work fine. I have done everything I know how to do as far as trouble shooting. And nothing worked. What's up, ROKU??

RScuris

YouTube could not be run.. cannot be reinstalled from network.

Jump to solution

I know this posted but just happened today to me.  Could it be related to new ##Apple iOS that was pushed out Monday.  I updated my devices on Tuesday overnight.

its also the AppleTV app.  So far only Netflix is working 9/15/21

0 Kudos
mmf21

FIXED Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

I had the same problem, would not run Sling.  Tried resetting the Roku, resetting the router, deleting, rebooting, and adding back Sling, no dice.  Tried resetting the network connection, tried updating the software (it said it was already up to date), no dice.  Followed another user's advice to download a screensaver, and now it works.  I have no idea why, but thank you, JazzAztec!

0 Kudos
Mam21
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Okay did some double checks. Screensaver change worked for me(always been on the default prior) I have the Express. My Daughter has a Express and uses's same internet(IP address) like me, nothing on hers has been knocked out. Check with sister and a friend both use different internet providers and have Ruko Express. My Sisters Sling Prime and YouTube don't work even after the screensaver but other channels are fine. My friend only the Prime and Disney were not working he tried screensaver change got Prime back. Based on other posts this being so random, Ruko has a bug in their network the default message people see on the screen like one posted at beginning of this thread is misleading. Making people think it's their internet connection. This problem network-wide has to be fixed by Ruko do not do a factory reset, Ruko needs to get on the ball and keep the message board updated at least hourly they working on solution. Had Ruko for years never experience issues like this...

Harleyrev

Re: After last update, will not load any channels

Jump to solution

But doing a hard reset will lose YouTube TV which is no longer available. So how do I get Roku working? I’ve deleted channels, updated and restarted many times.

0 Kudos
vjean01

YouTube nor Sling will launch. This has been going on since yesterday Works great until it doesn't.

Jump to solution

How can I reach customer service?