Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaronsdad52
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku NOT playing Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

When my Roku says can't run channel I follow steps to restart the Roku box and it will allow me to watch the channels that are on my Roku app but I have to do this every day!

0 Kudos
EFS
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube not working Sept 2021

Jump to solution

what i did, since none of the "apps" i have on my 3900 were loading is this:

Factory reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset <--- last resort

It cleared whatever the issue that is going on with the 3900 model.

Yes, I had to go thru the process of activating service on Netflix, Vudu, and Prime as if it were the first time. But I had that information at hand and it only took about 15 minutes to sign back into those platforms.

dragonfoureyes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Just to let everyone know, changing my theme to the Roku default theme fixed it for me.  This really seems like a problem that Roku could have anticipated.

Angelgyrl416
Reel Rookie

Re: Connected to internet but says i cant connect to some channels

Jump to solution

UPDATE! I HAD TO FACTORY RESET THE ROKU N ITS WORKING AGAIN. 

0 Kudos
msm96wolf1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I can't even find YouTube TV in the search for apps. I preferred Roku but I am seriously considering on returning the two new Rokus I bought Sunday and replace them with prime if this is not resolved soon.  If ROKU is going to drop YouTube TV just let me know. Don't pull **bleep** like this!

0 Kudos
EFS
Reel Rookie

Re: Only 2 channels work after after new remote paired

Jump to solution

I performed a factory reset and that appears to have cleared whatever issue that was causing my frustration. Yes, I had to reactivate the services I use, but I had that info, in hand, and it took about 15 minutes to get everything back to my "normal" viewing patterns.

0 Kudos
dragonfoureyes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

YouTube tv and Roku are having a fight.  You can't download the app right now, but you can stream YouTube tv through your YouTube app.  You can Google the instructions.

0 Kudos
Pate2021

Re: Channel launch issue - "Can't run channel" Screenshots

Jump to solution

Changing from the Aquatic screensaver fixed the problem.

0 Kudos

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

This has been going on for 2 days for some customers. Just hit us today. I guess Roku just doesn't care how many customers are SOL because of this. 

0 Kudos
RainDelay
Channel Surfer

Re: Channel launch issue - "Can't run channel" Screenshots

Jump to solution

Can you specify the Aquatic screensaver to which you're referring, @Pate2021? Is it the "Aquarium" that you have to pay for?  I think that might be my problem.  

@Pate2021 wrote:

Changing from the Aquatic screensaver fixed the problem.

0 Kudos