Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LER555
Channel Surfer

OMG Roku please get that anti-abortion ad OFF of my Roku. Can I opt out?

Roku I do not appreciate being forced to watch Focus on the Family Anti abortion propaganda ads.  GET IT OFF MY TV .

4 REPLIES 4
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: OMG Roku please get that anti-abortion ad OFF of my Roku. Can I opt out?

No you cannot opt out or tailor home screen adverts.

These are for sale to the highest bidder. Part of how Roku platform makes money

Not a Roku employee
LER555
Channel Surfer

Well they should either offer an ad-free option or do tailored ads.  I don't mind tailored ads personally -it just makes the most sense.   it's really the best use of their advertising platform.   

Still they shouldn't force people to watch hot button political ads.  Maybe allow an opt out option at least for that.  

ZiyadMartinez
Channel Surfer

It's a pity I can't remove this ad. The issue of abortion has become even more controversial recently, especially after legislative and governmental changes in the jurisdiction of some US states. At https://samploon.com/free-essays/abortion/ you can read more about abortion, the debates surrounding it, and possible solutions.

Joseph-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @ZiyadMartinez, while we can't please everyone with the ads that are displayed, we do strive to avoid offensive images and other things that Roku users might not agree with. 

We appreciate your patience while we look into this further. Would you mind sharing the dates and time of day you noticed this ad?