Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rockou
Level 9

Re: OMG! New Amazon Prime Video UI .Thank you!

Same old Prime app on my Roku Ultra.
4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra 4640 (2016 model)
4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI
0 Kudos
DubTaylor
Level 10

Yea, the app updated on my Roku 3, but nothing new to see here, folks... move along...

Since Amazon's invention of X-Ray (that won't work on my Roku), and the fact that my AFTV (V-1) runs Amazon at blazing speed while the Roku's Prime App not only looks awful, but runs awful... well... the right tool for the job is what Commander Scott always said...
0 Kudos

I can't find a command to filter for Prime offerings anymore. From the main screen you used to be able to hit the * asterisk key to bring up a filter menu, but now the asterisk key puts the selection on your Watchlist. Yesterday I wasn't watching closely (because I was used to not having to), and I added a movie that wasn't Prime, and if I hadn't have had it set to require a PIN before playing, I would have had an unwanted charge of money. Unless I'm missing something, Amazon has actually removed functionality with the new user interface!
– –
Roku 3 (4200) purchased for $22.93 on clearance at Office Depot > Bleiden HDMI-to-Composite converter > old 4:3 CRT TV (now in another room, as I have acquired a modern LCD flat screen TV, March 2017)

R.I.P. Roku XD|S (2100), Feb 2011–Apr 2016
0 Kudos

"Schmye Bubbula" wrote:
I can't find a command to filter for Prime offerings anymore. From the main screen you used to be able to hit the * asterisk key to bring up a filter menu, but now the asterisk key puts the selection on your Watchlist. Yesterday I wasn't watching closely (because I was used to not having to), and I added a movie that wasn't Prime, and if I hadn't have had it set to require a PIN before playing, I would have had an unwanted charge of money. Unless I'm missing something, Amazon has actually removed functionality with the new user interface!

The functionality of the * key changes, depending on what screen is active. It still gives you the Filter by Prime function when you are on the main menu screen. It's always worked like that.
0 Kudos

^ Huh?
Mine is Amazon Video version 7.1 build 2017082110

– Roku home screen
– Click "prime video"
– (presumably you're now in what you called the main menu screen)
– Hit * asterisk key on the Roku remote control
– "beep"

Is it different for you? How do I bring up the filter menu?
– –
Roku 3 (4200) purchased for $22.93 on clearance at Office Depot > Bleiden HDMI-to-Composite converter > old 4:3 CRT TV (now in another room, as I have acquired a modern LCD flat screen TV, March 2017)

R.I.P. Roku XD|S (2100), Feb 2011–Apr 2016
0 Kudos
JMM1
Level 9

It looks better and is a welcome improvement. You still can't FF with the remote like you can with Netflix, Vudu, HBO or most other Roku apps. Amazon requires you to use the small FWD Scan button instead of the big Left or Right buttons.
0 Kudos
Julius02
Level 7

I’m using the new Roku express (UK) and the prime video app is still on the old clunky ui. Did you say it now looks like the Apple TV version? Guess I just need to wait and see when it appears?
0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 11

"JMM1" wrote:
It looks better and is a welcome improvement. You still can't FF with the remote like you can with Netflix, Vudu, HBO or most other Roku apps. Amazon requires you to use the small FWD Scan button instead of the big Left or Right buttons.

I wish they had not taken away the INSTANT REPLAY feature on the Roku remote with the current player. You select it to back up 30 seconds and have CLOSED CAPTIONING turned on to pick up missed dialogue and it returns you to the beginning of the video now. I have to try and forget the muscle memory reflex that works on just about every other Roku streaming app when using Prime Video.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 11

Other than the splash screen, I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Do I need 8.1 or something?
0 Kudos
dfgsrzwer
Level 8

"twiceover" wrote:
Other than the splash screen, I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Do I need 8.1 or something?

Amazon constantly changes the app (and since this thread is "old", constantly changing means it is irrelevant). The Amazon app UI (on all devices) sucks. The content is the only reason to watch.

Unfortunately, most other apps try to emulate Amazon's UI, and now they all suck. Hulu, which until last year had the most useable interface, has become increasingly irritating to use on all platforms. On June 1, they made it almost unusable (I blame the Disney takeover) on all 3 devices I use.
Charter Spectrum 60; d-link dual band router
Roku 4210, 3710; Xbox One, 360; Samsung BD player
Samsung tablet; Windows Vista laptop; LG phone
Toshiba DVD-R; Sony AVR; Panasonic AR
1080p and 720p TVs
0 Kudos