Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david0406
Level 7

OMG! New Amazon Prime Video UI .Thank you!

What a vast improvement. That's all I have to say. 
TCL RokuTV 5 Series
Roku Ultra 4
Roku 3
Roku 2
0 Kudos
21 Replies

Re: OMG! New Amazon Prime Video UI .Thank you!

I see a cosmetic change, but no new functionality. It still puts my most-frequently used item—my Watchlist—out of reach, all the way over to the next-to-last tab, making it hard to get to, over & over, umpteen times every day. And we still can't use the rewind & fast forward keys to scroll page-by-page, but instead continue having to excruciatingly traverse items one at a time. (That's my biggest complaint.) The Amazon marketing department must put maintaining identical user interface limitations across all platforms ahead of the end users' convenience.

So what's the vast improvement? Am I missing something?
– –
Roku 3 (4200) purchased for $22.93 on clearance at Office Depot > Bleiden HDMI-to-Composite converter > old 4:3 CRT TV (now in another room, as I have acquired a modern LCD flat screen TV, March 2017)

R.I.P. Roku XD|S (2100), Feb 2011–Apr 2016
0 Kudos
david0406
Level 7

"Schmye Bubbula" wrote:
I see a cosmetic change, but no new functionality. It still puts my most-frequently used item—my Watchlist—out of reach, all the way over to the next-to-last tab, making it hard to get to, over & over, umpteen times every day. And we still can't use the rewind & fast forward keys to scroll page-by-page, but instead continue having to excruciatingly traverse items one at a time. (That's my biggest complaint.) The Amazon marketing department must put maintaining identical user interface limitations across all platforms ahead of the end users' convenience.

So what's the vast improvement? Am I missing something?

Generally speaking I find it easier to use and navigate for how I choose to use the channel . You can nitpick every channels UI user functionality and find something you don't like about it. I can't stand that Netflix previews start every time I stop on a program. It's annoying as h**l. I on the other hand am happy with anything better if it's an improvement over the previous. Different strokes for different folks. JMO FWIW. 
TCL RokuTV 5 Series
Roku Ultra 4
Roku 3
Roku 2
0 Kudos
BobRoberts
Level 7

If these streaming services insist on "improving" their UI's at least Amazon didn't FUBAR it as bad as Hulu.
0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 11

"david0406" wrote:

What is the Version and Build of your updated Prime Video app?

TCL Roku TV user here and I am still seeing the old, hard to navigate UI with Version 7.1 - Build 2017082110 of the Prime Video app.

Guess it may take awhile to get an update out to all various Roku models and in particular Roku enabled TV's. Fingers crossed that there is some improvement.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos
david0406
Level 7

"blade_005" wrote:
"david0406" wrote:

What is the Version and Build of your updated Prime Video app?

TCL Roku TV user here and I am still seeing the old, hard to navigate UI with Version 7.1 - Build 2017082110 of the Prime Video app.

Guess it may take awhile to get an update out to all various Roku models and in particular Roku enabled TV's. Fingers crossed that there is some improvement.

Not sure where the difference is. That is the build version the "my channels" app says I have on my R3. It is a different UI than it was 2 days ago. 

TCL RokuTV 5 Series
Roku Ultra 4
Roku 3
Roku 2
0 Kudos
david0406
Level 7

"BobRoberts" wrote:
If these streaming services insist on "improving" their UI's at least Amazon didn't FUBAR it as bad as Hulu.

I agree Bob. Whomever or whatever team designed the latest Hulu app "improvement" should have lost their jobs. 
TCL RokuTV 5 Series
Roku Ultra 4
Roku 3
Roku 2
0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 11

"david0406" wrote:

Have they put all Seasons of a TV Series under one tab? So irritating to see a separate tab for every season of a series. Also, would like to see just one entry for a series or movie that would adjust your Video Quality based on your device capabilities. Feels like a scavenger hunt if, god forbid, I add a TV Series or Movie from a non-4K device to my Watchlist and then try and find the 4K or 4K HDR version on my 4K HDR TV.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos
david0406
Level 7

"blade_005" wrote:
"david0406" wrote:

"Have they put all Seasons of a TV Series under one tab? So irritating to see a separate tab for every season of a series."

Agreed. That is annoying. I mean you can get to a different season with a couple clicks after you click on the show. Not upgraded to 4K anything yet so whatever 4K functions it's not capable of doing don't exactly apply to my usage of the channels app. 
TCL RokuTV 5 Series
Roku Ultra 4
Roku 3
Roku 2
0 Kudos
Bacon
Level 9

Yeah, it’s just the UI they made for the Apple TV app except blurrier.
0 Kudos