Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

OANN on Both Amazon Fire and Roku

I subscribed to OANN via an Amazon Fire on a non-smart TV. When I go to access OANN on my two Roku TVs, each wants me to subscribe again. How can I get the Roku TVs to recognize the subscription already setup via the Fire?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: OANN on Both Amazon Fire and Roku

I'm not familiar with OANN but for many channels you would find the Settings option within their Roku app and log into your channel account from there.  You might have to enter your credentials for logging your subscription account, or you might be presented with a code that you must enter into your account on the station's website via a web browser.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Oann Freezing/Reloading ?

I subscribe to Oann (one America news network) and it is constantly freezing and reloading.. None of my other channels do this. It is not my internet speed (25meg) and I have tried switching from 1080p to 720 and it does not help.

What causes this and can I fix it?

I mostly watch it on my Roku Ultra.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Oann Freezing/Reloading ?

@GregM 

Thanks for the note.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to OANN directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the OANN channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.oann.com/tag/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Oann Freezing/Reloading ?

Done that many times

0 Kudos