Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vidiot
Reel Rookie

Re: OANN, RAV, Blaze discontinued?

Jump to solution

I posted the original query about these 3 channels being out. What I forgot to mention was that I was watching them on the Pluto app. The 3 were restored the next day--still don't know what happened. Pluto is a massive platform and we find that we watch it about 90% of the time because we can actually get news and not the echo chamber on all the other networks. They all cover the same story and it is beyond boring. We can currently watch the following channels on Pluto. The Blaze ch 238  Americas Voice  (RAV) ch 240  OANplus ch 242  They appear under the tab on the left "news & opinion."                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            EpochTV and FreeWorldNews.TV (banned.video on computer) are other apps on ROKU

0 Kudos
Steve32
Streaming Star

Re: OANN, RAV, Blaze discontinued?

Jump to solution

It is starting to be clear what is going on with OAN.  It seems they have been in the process of transitioning from a model where the streaming platforms collect the money for them, to a model where they collect the money directly.  As part of this, they are retiring their old channel, which is listed as "One America News OAN" on Roku, and several days ago they started promoting a new channel, "OAN Live", available on several devices.  You sign up for OAN Live directly through OAN's website and can watch on different devices with a single subscription.

I know this doesn't answer your question about Pluto, but it could have something to do with it.

In my own situation, I subscribed to the OAN Package on Klowd TV when the old OAN channel stopped working.  Except now I am not confident I am getting the live feed, now that they have announced OAN Live.

0 Kudos