Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: OAN subscription cancelled??!! Why? I need OAN!!!

@willhux 

What about the app software version/build?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
willhux
Reel Rookie

It seems like OAN has been blocked for some reason. I spent over an hour this morning on Roku support and went through channel store, subscriptions, etc and they could not find why the subscription did not renew, why it just says "Manage subscriptions" and when I go there it shows OAN as "expired" but there is no way to renew.

I then went on my roku / TV and deleted the channel, reloaded it, and it came back the same way.  I was told they will look into it and get back to me. Meanwhile i am streaming the OAN channel on my computer via my OAN subscription.  

I would like to find a solution and i see many others have had trouble with this same issue over the last 3 years

DBDukes

@willhux wrote:

It seems like OAN has been blocked for some reason....

It works for me, so let's go ahead and rule this out right now.

@willhux wrote:

... I then went on my roku / TV and deleted the channel, reloaded it, and it came back the same way. ...

You missed a step. There are three steps to that process, and they must be done in order. Now, I don't know if that will resolve it, but you did attempt that process; that's how to do the process.

1. Remove the app.
  2. Reboot the Roku device.
    • Roku: Settings > System > Restart
    • Roku TV: Settings > System > Power > System Restart > Restart. Turning it off and on isn't the same thing.
  3. Reinstall the app.

All three steps, in that order.

@willhux wrote:

... I would like to find a solution and i see many others have had trouble with this same issue over the last 3 years

Yes, there have indeed been many reports of this. However, as I said, it works for me. It works for most. So, whatever is going on is a bear to run down. Let us know if those steps resolve for  you.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
BrianG2
Channel Surfer

I see this problem is still happening for many people.  I wanted to post again how I "fixed" this problem.  I had to do a Factory Reset on my Roku device, wiped it clean.  Then I created a new Roku account with a new Gmail address.  The downside was I was forced to reload all of my Apps, Disney+, Amazon Prime, BlazeTV, everything.  It was a major pain in the @$$ but worked.  It allowed me to load the OAN app and to subscribe to it.  

0 Kudos
Gohstmaker
Channel Surfer

Got an #Email from Roku that OAN was canceled. I just got done signing up with the new OAN live channel. Works ok same price. P.S. I did not cancel this.

Copy of Email from Roku.

Hi John,
Your subscription to One America News Network OAN has been cancelled. You can keep streaming until March 06, 2022.

Dont be a stranger! If you change your mind or are looking for other shows or movies, come back anytime!

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Gohstmaker 

You should be able to log in on https://my.roku.com and go to the Manage Subscriptions link. There, you should see it listed under Expired Subscriptions. There should also be Resubscribe button. Is that not what you see?

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Smithy74

Get the Klowdtv app on Roku.  They have OAN and more and its only $30 a year

0 Kudos
GMMiller
Reel Rookie

I'm getting a message "We're sorry but the login for the recent user failed. Please log in again." when I try to go to my OANN live.

0 Kudos
GMMiller
Reel Rookie

This Kariza person seems pretty much useless, we need to find his/her manager to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
edpdx50
Channel Surfer

When your subscription expires, you still won't be able to get the OAN feed. I have contacted ROKU and they don't care.

0 Kudos