Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edpdx50
Channel Surfer

Re: OAN subscription cancelled??!! Why? I need OAN!!!

"get the Kloud TV app and pay $30 a year to ROKU" WTF nothing like being manipulated from a channel I helped to build. I have Roku throughout, but that is going to change. This select "innactive Channel" BS is lame! This feels like SJW Warrior spite.

0 Kudos
edpdx50
Channel Surfer

DBDukes
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Monday

@Gohstmaker 

You should be able to log in on https://my.roku.com and go to the Manage Subscriptions link. There, you should see it listed under Expired Subscriptions. There should also be Resubscribe button. Is that not what you see?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

DBDukes: has anyone benefited from this advice? This OAN problem seems widespread and there is no evidence that ROKU gives a rats ass about resolving the issue. I have chatted with them several times- they are sad people.
0 Kudos
edpdx50
Channel Surfer

I had the same message: "You can keep streaming until March 6". The same date? What is happening at OAN or ROKU on March 6? If Roku is no longer offering this channel, then they should plainly state that so I can stop wasting time with the issue. I do find it queer that the one conservative channel is being what seems systematically removed, albeit by some unexplained problem that no one at ROKU has explained. Feels like big b̶r̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ tech.

Monday

Got an #Email from Roku that OAN was canceled. I just got done signing up with the new OAN live channel. Works okay same price. P.S. I did not cancel this.

Copy of Email from Roku.

Hi John,
Your subscription to One America News Network OAN has been cancelled. You can keep streaming until March 06, 2022.

Don't be a stranger! If you change your mind or are looking for other shows or movies, come back anytime!

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@edpdx50 wrote:

I had the same message: "You can keep streaming until March 6". The same date? What is happening at OAN or ROKU on March 6? ...

If you log on to the Roku Account Page check your Subscription page, do you see the OAN subscription listed? Is Resubscribe an option?

The March 6 date wouldn't happen to be 30 days since the last subscription term would it? Were you last billed on February 4th? That's 30 days. Check your billing statement and see if that explains the date.

@edpdx50 wrote:

... If Roku is no longer offering this channel, then they should plainly state that so I can stop wasting time with the issue

I have a subscription. So the suggestion that they aren't offering it doesn't really fit the facts. 

I really think you're reading a lot of things that don't exist into this.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
edpdx50
Channel Surfer

Perhaps I am reading more into it than actually exists, though the fact remains that there are many customers that have the same issue. One day OAN works fine, next day channel inactive with no explanation. These complaints go unserviced, or what little I see in the way of two way communication is basically no help to so many frustrated customers. In my second chat session with ROKU all I got was "We [ROKU] are aware of the problem and are looking into it. You will be notified..." A week later ...

In a problem that is apparently widespread, Roku should have worked out the issue already. I've worked for Apple support vendors in the past, and we were quick to isolate viruses, glitches and other anomalies that would creep into the community. Anyone remember drive stiction? Where is the fix or patch? I've tried several fixes recommended by ROKU support on this forum- no help.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@edpdx50 

Nowhere in that did I see where you looked up the dates on your subscription to see if that answered your earlier question. Nor do I see that you checked to see if you could resubscribe.

Are you looking to fuss? Or are you looking to watch the app? If the former, I'll move along and help someone that wants help. If the latter, then please do the suggestions made and report back what you found so we can determine best the next solution to get you where you can watch what you want.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Steve32
Streaming Star

It is starting to be clear what is going on with OAN. It seems they have been in the process of transitioning from a model where the streaming platforms collect the money for them, to a model where they collect the money directly. As part of this, they are retiring their old channel, which is listed as "One America News OAN" on Roku, and several days ago they started promoting a new channel, "OAN Live", available on several devices. You sign up for OAN Live directly through OAN's website and can watch on different devices with a single subscription.

Needless to say, the transition was poorly executed, leaving viewers with a lot of confusion.

In my own situation, I subscribed to the OAN Package on Klowd TV when the old OAN channel stopped working. Except now I am not confident I am getting the live feed on Klowd TV, now that OANN has announced OAN Live.

And it still won't let me delete the old channel that I can't watch anymore.  If I try to delete it, it sits there a long time like it is trying to verify something, and then says it can't delete the channel.  I know I can create a new Roku account to get around this, but that is a pretty drastic step that could have other unforeseen consequences.

0 Kudos
SMN
Channel Surfer

2 tv's with roku,  OAN only works on one tv and not the other.  When I click on the app, it just takes me

back to the home screen.  Any suggestions on how to fix? 

0 Kudos