Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: OAN subscription cancelled??!! Why? I need OAN!!!

@James1776 

That is definitely an option, and one that many have chosen. And you're watching it on Roku. Which is another example of where the whole Roku Conspiracy!!!1!! thing that some are pushing falls apart.

Most people don't have the issue, but a few (percentage-wise) do, and it's a real issue. But issues like that are indeed hard to fix if you can't replicate them. You took the initiative to find a workable solution for you, and that's a good thing. It gets you the content you're after, and it cuts into a revenue stream for Roku, as you are now no longer subscribing, meaning Roku is missing out on that share of the money.

Now, in all honesty, I don't know how much it will help get the issue resolved, as Roku still can't fix it if they can't replicate it. But perhaps they'll do better or more thorough testing, and demand better testing from developers, to cut down on this. Assuming, of course, it's a technical issue with the app and it's interaction with the Roku platform.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Streaming Star

@DBDukes @I appreciate that you are super active on here, but your approach seems awfully callous at times over other peoples frustration.  If, as you note, you do not work for Roku, why are you clapping back at people?  Why not either help point them to the Klowd TV fix (which for those who haven’t seen replies about that -you should look into it, b/c it’s half the price of the Roku OAN subscription and it works on ALL your streaming devices, including phones, pc’s firesticks, etc.) or just hang up the “customer support act”?  Why take years off your life getting ate up and stirring a pot of crud, when you do t need to?  Most of these people are frustrated and not as tech savvy as you.  A lot of these people have had service provider issues elsewhere, regarding OAN access, and are a little scarred because of it.  I get that you are frustrated that not everyone reads all the posts and/or wants instant gratification, but duder…if you don’t want to be here you don’t have to be.  Please chill and try having some patience for people.  Otherwise, why on earth are you hanging around on these chats?

One other note- the whole angle of redoing one’s entire Roku account to fix the issue is a huge turnoff for most.  This is why I suggest the Klowd OAN solution that works in Roku.  It’s quick, more flexible, and it’s cheaper.  Everyone wins.  

0 Kudos
FJBbrandon
Reel Rookie

Take a pill

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@948493 

You're right about Klowd TV.

But let me tell you about something I don't appreciate. I don't appreciate people spreading false information. Some people come here and start up with Roku Conspiracy!!1!! nonsense. Others read it and believe it because they don't know better. I'm challenging misinformation.

There are plenty of legit things to complain about with other platforms. If they want to fuss at a platform for targeting them, do it on one that is actually targeting them.

Now, Roku did take down the RT app. I thought that was a bad move, and I've said so. Not because I have some love affair with Russia (I don't), but because censorship is a bad thing. I find it silly that companies would censor RT because it's from Russia, when one of the things they don't like about Russian is its censorship. That kind of hypocrisy from companies, including Roku, is wrong.

But saying that Roku is trying to cancel OAN? That's nonsense. As I've mentioned, I subscribe to it and watched it tonight. If Roku wanted to remove OAN, they'd remove OAN. That's not to say the people reporting issues don't have an issue. They obviously do, but it's a limited issue. The percentage with the issue is small, and that makes it hard to troubleshoot. That's not a defense of Roku, nor is it saying "deal with it." It's an acknowledgment of the entire situation, and an explanation of why the issue hasn't been resolved.

As for why I haven't pointed people to Klowd TV, well I've not looked into it until recently, because OAN through Roku works for me. I haven't had the need to seek other avenues. But yeah, it's a good alternative source, and contains other stuff of interest.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
James1776
Streaming Star

I don't see a conspiracy to deprive folk of OAN. I see a simple lack of concern from Roku to fixing issues that get reported. When Roku works its a pretty good operation but when it has issues there is no serious tech support.

That annoys the **bleep** out of me. No conspiracy, simply poor support, a condition they refuse to acknowledge much less fix.

(Note-for info, this is the second major issue I have encountered over the last 6 months. They have two things in common, both involve Roku and neither is being fixed.)

0 Kudos
willhux
Reel Rookie

I love OAN and it is the only news I trust now. I was a long time Fox fan until the Disney purchase of the network and watching them soften and move left on coverage and attitude.  Giants like Hannity, Levin, Tucker Carlson and Jesse Waters will always remain because of the revenue stream they bring.  

If Roku does not fix this with OAN I will leave. I am paying for a subscription and will pay someone else. 

Biden is bringing on GiGi Sohn as FCC and nothing is now safe.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@willhux 

It's really odd that it works for me but not for you.

Did you formerly subscribe to OAN via another method? That is, use a service other than Roku to subscribe? Or subscribe directly to OAN? Or has your subscription always been via Roku Pay?

DBDukes

0 Kudos
willhux
Reel Rookie

Hi,

thanks, this was my first subscription to OAN as it was free on my ATT for a couple of years. They dropped it and I dropped them to go back to Comcast.  I have just signed into OAN and subscribed to get it on all of my devices.  It is still frozen on Roku.  I renewed my subscription on Roku this morning after first removing the channel. Reinstall, subscribe, pay, etc.  

I will do whatever I have to do to get it.  Have a new Visio smart tv and thought of seeing if it is available directly on there

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@willhux 

That has ruled out a previous OAN account using the same email address. Things like that could cause problems, but this didn't happen.

It's really weird that I can launch the OAN app on my Roku and watch it with no issues.

What Roku device are you using? Provide the model number, and the Roku OS (Software version)

Settings > System > About

What version of the OAN app are you using?

Highlight the app, press Options button. Version and build are at the top of the popup. If it's not at least 2.11 build 92, go to Check for updates from that popup.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
willhux
Reel Rookie

I am using a Roku Ultra and have three new ones.  I replaced older ones this year.

Model:  4800RW-Ultra

Software: 10.5.0. Build 4208-C2

Thanks for you kind assistance, BTW.

0 Kudos