Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James1776
Streaming Star

Re: OAN subscription cancelled??!! Why? I need OAN!!!

For the love of God! First you drive me away from the platform with your refusal to fix the black screen add issue after almost a year of failure to fix it and now I lose OAN without explanation of excuse. I got the channel through your channel store and have no relationship with direct TV. Are you actually going to fix this or will this become another issue with your platform?

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@James1776 

OAN works for me. I'm subscribed through Roku, and it's playing. It's working. What you need to realize is that there is an issue somewhere on your end. Whether it's a network issue, a fault with your specific Roku device, or what. But if it works for me, it's not a universal issue.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
James1776
Streaming Star

Sorry but no...Read this thread....there are a lot of folk reporting the same issue and, as is usual with Roku, support consists of them gathering data forever without fixing anything.  I tried the KlowdTV fix and that worked.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@James1776 

Sorry, but yes. I'm watching it right now.

oan-now.jpg

Just because you and a some others have issues doesn't mean it's a Roku issue. If it was Roku, then it would affect everyone using Roku. I'm watching it, so that indicates it's not a Roku issue.

And you really won't like this, but because of the vast numbers of Roku users there are, the number with issues, while that may be large, is a small percentage of users. And issues that impact small percentages are hard to resolve because when troubleshooting, it's hard to fix an issue you can't see.

Usually, issues such as this are related to billing or networking, but many people get upset by that suggestion. But those have to be researched as they are the most common issues.

But saying "it's Roku" really doesn't fly. My ability to watch it shows that.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Jsutton11

This doesn't work. I even deleted OAN, then did a system restart, added OAN back, and it still didn't work.

0 Kudos
James1776
Streaming Star

No, the universe of possible combinations of hardware, software, apps and channels is vast. Just because the combination in your home works does not mean it does for the fellow next door. There is an issue and Roku, as the site we pay through, has a responsibility to actually fix something. They are being paid to deliver a service reliably. The same source, OAN, works fine laundered through KlowdTV which seems to point to a software issue affecting the OAN/Roku interface through the channel store app.

0 Kudos
FJBbrandon
Reel Rookie

Klowd fixed it

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@FJBbrandon 

Okay guy who's worked in IT less than me, explain how I can watch it.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
James1776
Streaming Star

I have zip credentials but I did download KlowdTV from the channel store and that had a direct link to OAN that worked flawlessly.

FJBbrandon
Reel Rookie

Thank you sir!!! Very kind of you.

let’s go Brandon!