Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheGottos
Streaming Star

Re: OAN subscription cancelled??!! Why? I need OAN!!!

I don’t know if you can search my other posts but here’s how I solved it - after never getting any response from Roku or OAN tech support, and reading another user’s post. 

1. Cancel Roku subscription. 
2. Recreate Roku subscription using the same info. 
3. Add OAN and resubscribe. 

It takes a little time but it works. 

0 Kudos
Rebsant
Reel Rookie

Thank you. I will try that but my subscription is already unsubscribed. I got an email that my subscription was cancelled but I never cancelled it.

I also deleted the app then added it again and purchased. It says my purchase completed but keeps looping me back to purchase again. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Is there somewhere else I can subscribe other than Roku?

TheGottos
Streaming Star

I had the same problem. Renewing but getting the purchase option every time I opened it. I don’t know if there’s other ways besides what I did. I went to Roku and canceled my account, then made a new account using the same email and everything. Got that all set up again, added OAN, and then purchased. It went through then and had worked since. We are watching right now. 

0 Kudos
Streaming Star

KlowdTV is the best possible solution at this point.  It’s only $2.50/month for OAN, and include a bunch of other channels.  Not only can I watch OAN on Roku via the KlowdTV app (for half the price that Roku wants to charge), but I am able to use the KlowdTV app on my phone, computers, fire sticks, etc. to watch OAN everywhere.  I don’t recommend trying to fix the issues like some folks say on here. Especially since the customer service was pretty much nonexistent on this issue.  The Klowd solution is half the price, give more channels, AND it works on any device. I’m not routing my subscription money through Roku anymore… not after dealing with this mess and finding something better.  I still enjoy Roku for what it is, but not for my OAN subscription.  

0 Kudos
Nyxpooka
Binge Watcher

I finally just went through Klowd tv. It finally works but the ads are a bit overly repetitive. But can't complain.  I'm set!!

Thank you for helping

@BrianG2 wrote:

I'm having the same issue.  Have had OAN for quite awhile on Roku, not tied to anything else.  A couple of days ago it said I had to update my subscription.  I went into settings and there was an old credit card number so I put in a new one and clicked the button to renew but its not working.  Signed in Roku through my computer and tried to renew it that way but still nothing.  I've reset both my Rokus by plugging them and letting them reboot and I've tried to remove the channel and then reinstall it but it won't even let delete it.  I've emailed Roku as well but haven't heard back from them yet.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@948493 @TheGottos @Rebsant 

OAN works for me. I can launch the app and watch without any issue at all. Whatever is impacting you is certainly not a universal issue. I'm not sure what to suggest at the moment.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
TheGottos
Streaming Star

I don’t blame you. I’m going to look into that as someone else has suggested it also. 

0 Kudos
Pamlarson7
Reel Rookie

Same here! WHAT'S UP?!

0 Kudos
Linda1962

I am also having this issue, Is ROKU deliberately censoring content, If so I will get rid of it. Fix and find out what the issue is, I have also done all the previous steps. 

Thank-you

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Linda1962 wrote:

I am also having this issue, Is ROKU deliberately censoring content,...

Then how am I able to watch it on my Roku device right now? I'm not doubting that you're having issues, but your statement that Roku is censoring it is demonstrably false. It is on and playing as I type this.

Whatever the issue is, it is not for the reason you're claiming.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos