Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve32
Streaming Star

Re: OAN subscription cancelled??!! Why? I need OAN!!!

Joseph,

I decided to cancel my OAN channel subscription and subscribe to the OAN package on KlowdTV instead, and that is working fine for me.  If problems crop up again, I guess I'll re-establish my Roku account.

Best regards,

Steve

0 Kudos
Streaming Star

I have the exact same issue on multiple devices.  It is not a hardware or firmware issue.   I believe Roku or a malicious party has purposely disrupted or canceled the service without any proper communication.  Regardless of who/why, at this point I have no doubt that Roku knows about the issue.  Someone needs to communicate the reasons behind this. I am betting it is political.  

lreed

I have also done this exact thing several times. I guess OAN is really no longer available on ROKU because no matter how many times I disconnect the ROKU and restart it does the same thing. I gave up and cancelled my subscription because the app will not load. It keeps saying I need to subscribe. UGH!!! 

0 Kudos
lreed

I am having the same issue It is driving me mad.

0 Kudos
TheGottos
Streaming Star

Interesting. It does work on both of mine now. I hope that something gets figured out for everyone. 

0 Kudos
travelplanner74
Reel Rookie

I am now having the same problem with OAN.  When I click on the app on Roku I receive the message "The channel "One America News Network OAN" requires purchase for activation.  Select "Purchase" to visit the Channel Store to purchase this channel.  I hit purchase, takes me to "manage subscriptions".  Click the "renew monthly subscription", and it still is NOT renewing.  Went into my Roku account online and made sure the credit card is current and subscription is up to date.  Removed the channel and reinstalled.  Still not working.  

Have you had any luck correcting the problem? 

0 Kudos
Steve32
Streaming Star

@travelplanner74 

Some people have said they can fix the problem by completely closing their Roku account and recreating it.  That sounds like a last resort in my book, but it may be necessary if you want to clear up all problems and keep using the OAN channel.

An alternative solution is to subscribe to the OAN package on KlowdTV (https://www.klowdtv.com/) and download the KlowdTV channel on Roku.  This is what I did.  Be advised that OAN Plus is not the same thing as OAN.  You can access the OAN Plus channel for free through KlowdTV, but you must subscribe to the OAN package to access the live channel.  The nice thing about this is that it presently costs only half as much as the separate OAN subscription through Roku, and with KlowdTV you can watch on different platforms besides Roku.  If you go this route, you will want to sign into your Roku account on a web browser and cancel your subscription to the OAN channel so you aren't paying for something you can't use.  One caveat is that due to the glitch, you will not be able to delete the OAN channel from your Roku device.  I don't think that hurts anything, it will just be in the way on your channel menu.

0 Kudos
TheGottos
Streaming Star

I canceled my Roku account then created a new one (using the same info). It took about 20 minutes or so. Then I added OAN again and it’s been working. 

GMMiller
Reel Rookie

Same here, no option to renew.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Roku support is about as pathetic as can be.   It is obvious the subscription cancellation issue is their problem.   They told me to contact OAN .......BS !

We should all throw away our Roku devices. 

This is a huge problem with a ton of users and Roku does NOTHING!