Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheGottos
Streaming Star

Re: OAN subscription cancelled??!! Why? I need OAN!!!

I’m having the same problem today. It let me remove it but now it gives an error message saying channel install failed; could not add OAN. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @TheGottos

Thanks for the post.

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TheGottos
Streaming Star

Yes. Here’s what I’ve done:

1) Tried to resubscribe to the channel. No success. 
2) Went to a second TV with a separate stick. Same result. 
3) Uninstalled the channel, reset the device, tried to reinstall - no success. It wouldn’t even reinstall the channel. 
4) Sent message to OAN for support - no response yet. 
5) Made sure payment information is current. 
6) Checked subscriptions. OAN shows expired even with repeated attempts to resubscribe. 
7) Reset again. 
😎 OAN channel shows in our list again but then see #1. 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@TheGottos

Thanks for the details.

Please provide us the following information for further investigation:

• Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TheGottos
Streaming Star

1) 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick +; YH0038802078; 213133802078; 10.5.0 * build 4208-50 (this is the one I’m looking at currently but it happens with both of my Roku sticks)

2) This issue is currently happening only with OAN. 
3) ID 78-062-784

4) Step summary (as I’ve already given them in detail) - tried to open, said expired need to purchase. Went through the steps to purchase, purchase goes through. Open the channel, need to purchase. Uninstalled (got an email saying it was canceled), reset, had to reinstall several times before it actually showed up on the channel list. Opened channel, need to purchase. Followed the steps to purchase and still receive need to purchase when I open the channel. It does not show up on my subscriptions list. 

0 Kudos
JosephG1
Reel Rookie

I am having the exact same issue on a ROKU Express 4K+ - I have canceled the subscription on my ROKU On-line account and absolutely nothing will allow me to remove the channel and the channel will NOT play ... When I do the route of "manage my subscription" to remove the channel ... I get the circle of death and then tells me "can not be done try again later" ... And there is no support ... All the advice on thus community I have tried and nothing works ... I am no just frustrated and just want to remove the channel

TheGottos
Streaming Star

I’m trying to do everything to get the channel back up. It’s frustrating to read that this has been going on for months. 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@TheGottos

Thanks for the information. Could you also provide the channel version of the affected app? You can check my post above if you need help on how to view the channel version. 

We look forward to hearing from you soon. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@JosephG1

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

Please provide the information I asked for above so we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for them to investigate the issue further. You can click here to view the post I am referring to.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having the exact same problem! I am so upset with ROKU at this point I am ready to cancel my ROKU subscription because they seem to be doing this on purpose to hurt OANN for no reason! Why is there no phone number to call ROKU and work through these problems????