Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lkcline19

OAN purchased it isn't working and you charged my credit card

I purchased OAN my payment method was charged the channel doesn't work and can't be removed from my TV.

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: OAN purchased it isn't working and you charged my credit card

Hello @lkcline19

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us specifically what happens when you try to launch the OANN app on your Roku? Does it only happen on one channel or across other channels installed on your device? 

Please let us know. With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@lkcline19-

Re "can't be removed from my TV":

When you highlight a channel on the Roku home screen and press the * key on your Roku remote, you will not get the "Remove channel" option for a channel for which you have a subscription through Roku.  Instead you will see a "Manage subscriptions" option. Click this and follow the prompts to unsubscribe from this channel. (Don't worry. You'll still have use of it for the balance of your pre-paid subscription period. You can resubscribe when it runs out if you like.) Now the ”Remove channel" menu item will be back and you can uninstall it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Nyxpooka
Binge Watcher

I am having the same issue. My subscription said it needed renewal. I renewed it and it happened again! This is the channel that brought me to Roku!! I'm pissed!! 

0 Kudos
TJ-W

Similar issue. My subscription says "renews 2.10.2022" in "Manage Subscriptions" but OAN is not listed on my home screen. When I go to the OAN channel to add, it wants me to subscribe again. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TJ-W,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help.

When you go into the account settings of your Roku device through Settings > System > About, are you using the same email of that which is shown?

You may also contact Roku support If you need additional assistance at https://support.roku.com/contactus 

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nyxpooka
Binge Watcher

Yes, everything is the same. Same email, password and PIN. Tonight, we got another message that said "Channel is inactive" but I got that before...it happens occasionally. It is still on my list of purchases though so I am subscribed and paid.

I can get "OAN Plus", which is pre-recorded and free on the Roku channel, but I can't get "One America News Network OAN" even though I paid for the network access.

I have screenshots of the error messages if you need them. Sorry...I'm a Roku noob. Thank you for your help.

Kirsten

0 Kudos
Nyxpooka
Binge Watcher

Any luck yet, TJ? I'm still struggling. 

0 Kudos
Nyxpooka
Binge Watcher

Nothing happens on mine. I click on the channel and it doesn't respond. I have screenshots showing all of it. I can get OAN Plus but not One America News Network. 

Not sure if it matters, but when I try, I see an antenna symbol on OAN Plus. But I see a symbol of a  television set with a cloud above it on One America News Network?

Thanks!!!  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Nyxpooka

Thanks for the follow up.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos