Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevieTV

OAN app paid for but not supported - can't open it

I pay $4.95/mo for the OAN app. However, I can't open it. It always fails to launch and says I have to purchase it. What's the deal?

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: OAN app paid for but not supported - can't open it

Hi @StevieTV,
Thanks for reporting this to the Roku Community. We'd like to check and try to help.
I understand that you are receiving an error message when trying to access the OAN channel.
We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
In addition, try checking for any system updates in Settings>System>System update>Check now.
If this issue is not resolved, please help us with additional information provided below that would be helpful for our team to look into this problem.
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KellyJB
Channel Surfer

I’m having the same issue with OAN app. What’s the deal. I have tried everything you suggested and still can’t pull it up.

0 Kudos
JA05FL

I’m having the same issue.  I hope this gets corrected soon.

0 Kudos
2013GrandSport
Reel Rookie

For what its worth,  just got off phone with customer support and they said they are aware of issue and are working on solving issue.  Not so glad to hear that Im not going crazy.  My subscription just cut me off for no reason.

0 Kudos
KellyJB
Channel Surfer

That is exactly what I was thinking. They don’t want us to hear real news about what is really going on..

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.
A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: 
1. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?
2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
3. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
5. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KellyJB
Channel Surfer

I have a Roku device not Roku TV. I have tried removing channel, restarting Roku device and adding channel again several times and I receive the same message. I have also tried purchasing the channel again several times and again get the same thing.

24D105A2-89A8-4ED5-8BF9-88EC0B3C3912.jpeg

0 Kudos
KellyJB
Channel Surfer

No error messages or codes

0 Kudos
KellyJB
Channel Surfer

Only that channel 

0 Kudos