Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2013GrandSport
Reel Rookie

Re: OAN app paid for but not supported - can't open it

I cannot open or PURCHASE the OAN channel on any of my 5 Roku Devices of various types. I had been paying for OAN for a year & was suddenly cut off. How does a company NOT want money?  OAN is the only channel I cannot get. I have tried EVERYTHING to resolve this issue. No error messages or error codes are being displayed. I can only conclude that Roku wants to cancel their patriotic customers from being told the TRUTH. If this message disappears then I will know I’m correct. 
If Roku cannot solve this problem by March 30, I will have to resort to plan B 

Streaming Star

Install and use KlowdTV for OAN. It is the best possible solution at this point.   It’s only $2.50/month (half of what it costs on Roku) for OAN, and includes a bunch of other channels.  Not only can I watch OAN on Roku via the KlowdTV app (again, for half the price that Roku wants to charge), but I am able to use the KlowdTV app on my phone, computers, fire sticks, etc. to watch OAN everywhere.  I don’t recommend trying to fix the issues like some folks say on here. Especially since the customer service was pretty much nonexistent on this issue.  The Klowd solution is half the price, give more channels, AND it works on any device. I’m not routing my subscription money through Roku anymore… not after dealing with this mess and finding something better.  I still enjoy Roku for what it is, but not for my OAN subscription.  

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,
Thanks for reporting this to the Roku Community. We'd like to check and try to help.
I understand that you are seeing an error message of "Channel Inactive" while accessing the OAN channel. 

The issue was identified by our support team and we recommend restarting your Roku player, go to Settings > System > System restart. If you have a Roku TV, Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart and unplug your TV for 10-15 minutes then plugging it back in to resolve the issue.

If this issue is not resolved, please help us with additional information provided below that would be helpful for our team to look into this problem.
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
KellyJB
Channel Surfer

I really appreciate your feedback on this and it works great! Thank you for the great information.

OldMikey

I have had the same problem. Following the steps here, (reoving the channel, restarting the ROKU device, and re-installing the channel) took care of the problem. Thanks!

0 Kudos