Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helpmeplease2
Level 7

Numerous resets still won’t work properly

I have an Onn brand roku tv less than a year old. Something happened and it needed to be reset (who knows, it wasn’t dropped or anything). After resetting the channels will not load with the error message that there is not enough free space (there are no channels listed now), or that there is a network error (this is not the case). I have reset to factory many times and the machine seems to be generally functioning, it’s not scrambled or glitchy otherwise, but it just isn’t working!  If anyone has any advise, I’d rather not have a hopeless paperweight hanging on my wall but I’d rather not buy a new tv. Tia. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Numerous resets still won’t work properly

You didnt mention your Roku model # and firmware version: Settings/System/About

Also not sure how you can have issues loading apps, if you dont have any installed.

Known solutions/workarounds for apps not loading:

1) Check for updates (Settings/System/System updates/Check now) - try again

2) Change your Theme to the Roku Default (Settings/Theme/Restore default theme) - try again

3) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock (Settings/Theme/Screensavers) - try again

4) Network connection reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) - try again

5) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

6) Factory reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) <--- last resort

If it still wont load apps, you need to contact ONN:    https://onntvsupport.com/roku-tv

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos