Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Basil
Level 10

Re: Nowhere TV

"beq" wrote:
Is the developer NowhereMan (RokuChris?) still a Roku employee, just curious?  Still posting?

RokuChris has logged in this week. He’s not addressed why he took it down. It may be more than he can handle. He’s not posted in nearly two years, despite logging in, so his duties may prevent giving it the attention it deserves. Or Roku may have directed it be down. Or something else entirely. Unless he addresses it, we may never know the reason. Whatever the reason, the app is retired.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
dennphill
Level 7

Re: Nowhere TV Waddya mean, flames not allowed!

If the guy that stopped providing a channel can't be flamed for quitting, then what's the use of life.  I liked Nowhere TV but the nowhereman was a real SH*T about the poor quality of some of his channels.  After a few seasons of contributing, i finally told him to jump in the lake.  I'm hoping now he drowns for taking Nowhere TV away from me.  KNOW I will never subscribe or pay for his drivel anymore.I go elsewhere for entertainment. - dennphill
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Nowhere TV Waddya mean, flames not allowed!

"dennphill" wrote:
If the guy that stopped providing a channel can't be flamed for quitting, then what's the use of life.  I liked Nowhere TV but the nowhereman was a real SH*T about the poor quality of some of his channels.  After a few seasons of contributing, i finally told him to jump in the lake.  I'm hoping now he drowns for taking Nowhere TV away from me.  KNOW I will never subscribe or pay for his drivel anymore.I go elsewhere for entertainment. - dennphill

And with that, this thread is now closed.
As NowhereTV is a private channel, it is NOT supported by Roku.

Also of note is the Forum Rules which expressly states:

Flaming/Trolling/Spamming:

• Roku will not tolerate flaming (ie, posting hostile remarks against other forum members) or trolling (ie, deliberately posting topics or responses designed to incite other forum users into an argument)

Also:  Welcome to a vacation from the forums.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
zimmett
Level 7

So how do I install nowheretv on my roku thanks Steve

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about your inquiry.

Channels can be added to your Roku device or RokuTV through the Roku Channel Store. If you cannot find a specific channel in the Roku Channel Store, the channel may no longer be available on the Roku platform.

For more information regarding channels that are no longer available you can visit our support page Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
SMC2020
Level 7

When I click on your link it gives me the error message "this site can't be reached".  Is there some other way I can get to this "local news info" you posted?

SMC

0 Kudos