Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Nowhere TV

"mjpm" wrote:
I can't get anything from CONAN to play. Could you please check it out?

Working for me at the moment.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hmmm. I just checked for updated software, and pulled out the power cord and plugged it back in. Still nothing. Is 2.3.12 the latest update?
----------------------------
Cut the FIOS cord on 4/2/12.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Working again. Not sure why, but I'll take it.
----------------------------
Cut the FIOS cord on 4/2/12.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"taomaster99" wrote:
I still have an issue with the WGN Live channel, it will play for a minute or 2 then the video will either go black or just freeze but the audio will still be going. If I try to back out it will not do anything and if I click the menu button to go back to the main ROKU menu the ROKU will reboot. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the channel but still have the issue. I tried a few other channels and they work fine, it just seems to the WGN Live channel. Any suggestions?

I get the same problems as you with the WGN News channel. Do we know if this will be fixed in the near future?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: the following post, I too get 100 percent crash and reboot with both the WGN live channel and KTLA live channel. First I get sound and video for about 5 seconds, the video freezes, sound continues, I back out, the screen immediately goes black for about 10 seconds, and then the ROKU dancing letters signify the reboot. For at least a month.
ROKU 3.

---------------------
Begin Quote:

Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:45 pm

taomaster99 wrote:I still have an issue with the WGN Live channel, it will play for a minute or 2 then the video will either go black or just freeze but the audio will still be going. If I try to back out it will not do anything and if I click the menu button to go back to the main ROKU menu the ROKU will reboot. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the channel but still have the issue. I tried a few other channels and they work fine, it just seems to the WGN Live channel. Any suggestions?

jcolvin86 replied: I get the same problems as you with the WGN News channel. Do we know if this will be fixed in the near future?

End quote
----------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

WFTV, Channel 9, Orlando FL, has not been working for several days now...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"trellaocelot" wrote:
WFTV, Channel 9, Orlando FL, has not been working for several days now...

WFTV was removed from the catalog several weeks ago at the request of the content owner.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"jcolvin86" wrote:
"taomaster99" wrote:
I still have an issue with the WGN Live channel, it will play for a minute or 2 then the video will either go black or just freeze but the audio will still be going. If I try to back out it will not do anything and if I click the menu button to go back to the main ROKU menu the ROKU will reboot. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the channel but still have the issue. I tried a few other channels and they work fine, it just seems to the WGN Live channel. Any suggestions?

I get the same problems as you with the WGN News channel. Do we know if this will be fixed in the near future?

Here is a little more info on my setup, this happens on my Roku 3 and Roku 2 XS. They are both wireless to a Belkin AC750 router.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

now wgn news was taken off of the list.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

With Al Jazeera English about to kill their streaming feed in North America and the debut of Al Jazeera America set for August 20th, I'm wondering if the new channel is a Nowhere TV possibility.

I have not seen any news that they plan on streaming the channel in the U.S. as they are wanting to promote channel viewing through their cable and satellite partners. That might pose a big problem for even providing a Roku feed, but I wanted to throw it out there as a possibility I think a LOT of people would watch.
0 Kudos