Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Nowhere TV

"kls" wrote:
Well, I've wasted a lot of time on "voodoo" suggestions from Roku's support. And the damn thing still doesn't work on a lot of channels. Channels, by the way, that I can watch just fine on my computer... via a wireless connection (the Roku is wired.

Sorry you're having trouble. Nowhere TV is a private channel and not officially supported. It should be considered experimental. The content in Nowhere TV is aggregated from dozens of different sources, so the occasional problem is inevitable. The live international streams in particular come from a source that is not the most reliable.

It's also important to remember that when you watch something on your computer, even though it may be the same content, it is very likely a different stream than the Roku is using, so comparing the two is not really apples to apples.
0 Kudos
kls
Level 7

I'm not really expecting help.

I'm about to give up on the damn box. I mostly got it to stream Netflix and I'm sick of their damn rip-off rates, so they're getting cancelled r.s.n.

If it's "upstream" it's in Comcast's stuff, not mine, and there's nothing I can do about that and b-t-w, all those sources stream just fine to the computer. Maybe you can explain that, but all I've gotten is "voodoo" from Roku's tech support. I used to do tech support myself, and I can tell pretty well tell when someone's just running me through the routine boilerplate try-this-try-that.

Besides, if you read back through these forums, you see other people reporting the same problems. And nobody reporting any solutions.

Yes, I've changed the DNS settings to those Roku recommends and a couple of other public DNS servers.
0 Kudos
mikebdoss
Level 11

"kls" wrote:
I'm not really expecting help.

I'm about to give up on the damn box. I mostly got it to stream Netflix and I'm sick of their damn rip-off rates, so they're getting cancelled r.s.n.

If it's "upstream" it's in Comcast's stuff, not mine, and there's nothing I can do about that and b-t-w, all those sources stream just fine to the computer. Maybe you can explain that, but all I've gotten is "voodoo" from Roku's tech support. I used to do tech support myself, and I can tell pretty well tell when someone's just running me through the routine boilerplate try-this-try-that.

Besides, if you read back through these forums, you see other people reporting the same problems. And nobody reporting any solutions.

Yes, I've changed the DNS settings to those Roku recommends and a couple of other public DNS servers.

Well, do you want our help, or would you just like to continue complaining?

Roku's phone support is very basic, but is there to solve the majority of problems. These forums have expert users and Roku staff answering questions and offering help.
0 Kudos
mrsethprice
Level 7

Is there a way to get content from http://pbskids.org/ into Nowhere TV?
0 Kudos
kevinhint
Level 7

hey there, rokuChris. I'm new the game and noticed alot of people requesting channels for nowhereman. Just curious, are you able to include flash content too? I.e. do you transcode?
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Level 8

"kevinhint" wrote:
Just curious, are you able to include flash content too? I.e. do you transcode?

I'm not Chris, but the answer is no and no.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
kevinhint
Level 7

"kc8pql" wrote:
"kevinhint" wrote:
Just curious, are you able to include flash content too? I.e. do you transcode?

I'm not Chris, but the answer is no and no.

Didnt think so. I'll keep building my solution. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Level 8

^^^ Note that there are a number of private channels (one of which will get the thread locked if discussed here) that do trans-code.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
kevinhint
Level 7

"kc8pql" wrote:
^^^ Note that there are a number of private channels (one of which will get the thread locked if discussed here) that do trans-code.

Is that the one with the initials "PO"? Smiley Happy

I'm not happy with any of those so I'm writing my own version. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt overlapping with nowhere TV.
0 Kudos
ufoundet
Level 7

I love the Nowhereman channel. In fact (and I never suspected this would happen), I watch it more than even netflicks (and I have even made a humble contribution in appreciation for all the good work).

May I request a channel? I would love to see channel 12, in Flint Michigan, added to the local news channels. They have RSS feeds at the following:

http://www.abc12.com/category/215769/rss-feeds

Thanks!
0 Kudos